Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Calling mods now? I have been called all sorts of insults and labels ever joining this website by you PS fans. Don't need mods to respect each other, just don't insult people.

Edit: Oh yeah, funny, you just told them to "STFU" a few messages ago, LOL.

STFU isn't insult. That's not name calling. LOL. Talking about insults, then quote member above who did that.

• haha
Reactions: Yuniac

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
After you opened your original message with STFU? Lol, hell no am I taking you seriously or entertaining your emotional drivel. Keep raging, brother.

Imagine "mods halp" after telling the same poster to STFU

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF
STFU isn't a name calling nor insult. Yes

The same PSN that you have to sign in to to play the game. That PSN?

Is PSN required for EVERY game? That PSN?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I love how nonsensical this take is, what makes you think that in the first place? Do you live in an echo chamber so you only see Sony hate or something? I know several people who are hyped for Ghost of Tsushima, what FUD about PlayStation could you ever be talking about this time?

Is it the delisting the game from 125 countries that already legally bought the game and played because the linking was optional for a time?

Is it the knowingly selling the game in those countries they don't support just to force the linking afterwards?

Is it the barrier of creation in some countries not being reasonable (in Ukraine, Sony forces you to have a PS4/5 first to make an account,) or outright impossible in some others?

or is it effectively scamming hundreds of thousands of people with this fiasco to where Steam is forcing refunds due to Sony's incompetence regarding the whole situation?

Because all those points are true, not FUD. You lot talk about accountability from Xbox fanboys, where's the same energy for a platform you love?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Funniest post of the week 😂 My bad, you're right, PC gamers are a sweet and wholesome group 🤣😂 @Exicide you must've been under a rock the last few years 😂😂 or have your head in the sand

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Irrelevant.

The issue is with people who bought the game on Steam. Talking about Piracy and other non-related issues is useless. You have no argument.

Why not outrage about xbox/ms for example? EA? Ubisoft? So the same people that make nude mods and very strange ones can't make a PSN account now? But they talk about the right to pirate with no push back, which is 100% a theft and a crime? Elegant.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Is it the barrier of creation in some countries not being reasonable (in Ukraine, Sony forces you to have a PS4/5 first to make an account,) or outright impossible in some others?

WHAT
THE
ACTUAL
FUCK?

How come this is a thing? This is Nintendo/Apple levels of draconian or worse.

I don't agree with lots of steam Talibans at all. I even think there's a component of blind Sony hate from a section of the PC community which fuels some of the outrage but that...that is insane.

Some of the backlash is absolutely warranted and not even the biggest Sony drone will deny that they are absolute dog shit at communicating and PR.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yuniac and Exicide

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

Actually insane. Asmongold - a guy with MOST REACH on the internet. The biggest influencer goes on a crusade based on few tweets he saw.
The PSN requirement was always there on steam page. But he saw a tweet with sony FAQ and he says it overwhelms the steam page requirements. He just made that shit on the spot.
He saw some tweet, it could've been real or not, he doesn't fact check.
He is too big to be this careless and stupid.

He then live on stream writes a negative review based on his just newly manufactured opinion and asks people in chat to boycott and write negative review too.
it is insane too me. Developers must be scared shitless of these huge influencers. Asmongold can single handedly make the game popular or close down the studio depending on tweets he sees and his on the spot manufactured opinion on the game. He got too much power !!!

And another problem is - he says it;s his first steam review. This is really saying a lot because most people will never write a good review but negative review? FUCK YEAH LETS GO!!!

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Yeah. The way SIE went about this has mid '90s SEGA shades all over it. It's that bad.

Even if it's some 4D chess move to get back towards focusing intently on their own hardware (I doubt it), they could've handled it better than this. They didn't need to potentially damage their partnership with Arrowhead and get an entire legion of Steam fanboys, Xbox console warriors, shills/astroturfers and the media against them in one fell swoop with a move like this.

If that next Showcase isn't an absolute generation-defining thing (in a good way), we might start looking back on this moment as the beginning of PlayStation's gradual decline. They've got a large subset of PC gamers now distrusting them as a publisher, rightly or wrongly it doesn't matter. But now they might have just made some of their core console owners paranoid about what fukshit they could try pulling on them going forward, and that's not a place you want to be as a platform holder.

Ask SEGA. Ask Microsoft. You just don't want to be in that situation ever.
I agree with this take. After some initial backlash Sony should’ve backed off and tried to take a more tactical swing at it later but now it’s too late. I do agree this could further alienate steam users from buying their games because of this. I’m sure the relationship with them and arrowhead is now strained too. Plus the media pile on, and the very real backlash of their golden goose.

This goes to show, Sony is a guest on pc, not a shot caller, and these aren’t real fans. These are fair weather fans at best, not a new core audience. It makes “psn requirement” a negative meme. Sony just set what little clout they had on fire and potentially killed the game on pc so corporate meeting can boast new psn profile numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuniac

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Asmongold can single handedly make the game popular or close down the studio depending on tweets he sees and his on the spot manufactured opinion on the game. He got too much power !!!

And another problem is - he says it;s his first steam review. This is really saying a lot because most people will never write a good review but negative review? FUCK YEAH LETS GO!!!

C'mon! Starfield didn't received backslash all of a sudden because of him.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Actually insane. Asmongold - a guy with MOST REACH on the internet. The biggest influencer goes on a crusade based on few tweets he saw.
The PSN requirement was always there on steam page. But he saw a tweet with sony FAQ and he says it overwhelms the steam page requirements. He just made that shit on the spot.

He then live on stream writes a negative review based on his just newly manufactured opinion and asks people in chat to boycott and write negative review too.
it is insane too me. Developers must be scared shitless of these huge influencers. Asmongold can single handedly make the game popular or close down the studio depending on tweets he sees and his on the spot manufactured opinion on the game. He got too much power !!!

Yeah, what i said before, watched his video, comments with melt your brain, cesspool of idiots.

Reactions: rofif

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023

I actively avoid this retards "content", most of which is leeching off of other peoples work by "reacting" to their videos and jumping on the current hot topics parroting the current thing (TM) without doing any research or having any nuance.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yeah, what i said before, watched his video, comments with melt your brain, cesspool of idiots.
This is so scary, how these HUGE influencers can totally destroy a company, game, anything RIGHT THERE live on the spot.
This is exactly why forspoken studio was closed down. Because these guys made fun of it based on few twitter memes.
Same here. This is sacary as shit how much power influencers yield.
And he is an idiot. He is a good speaker but that's about it. he banned me on his twitch channel because I went against the grain in his brainless chat

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

If that junkie is an influencer and has the most reach of them all then God help PC gamers.

Sheeps.

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Yuniac