Steam Shares its "Best Of" List for 2023

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
For them to come in 6th with a 45% drop in projected revenue makes you wonder what they actually made Witch Queen year. Lightfall IS their best selling expansion launch tho so end of year difficulties are still fair game.

The three free expansions on Epic store last week would’ve swung a good chunk of players over. It’s all cross-save…

Edit: anytime I refresh this list changes… it may not be ranked. That’s a bit of a letdown

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
GCYddhvWMAAWm6G

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Edit: anytime I refresh this list changes… it may not be ranked. That’s a bit of a letdown

It's not ranked, it's probably not something publishers would want.

3 out of the top 12 new releases this year were from a Japanese publisher.
Capcom with RE4 and SF6 and Bandai Namco with From Soft's AC6.
AC6 is particularly impressive considering the franchise's history, this is the franchise's first PC game.
A reflection of the PC growth in Japan as well as From Soft's global prestige being much bigger than their when they made previous AC game(2013).

Edit: Little caveat for the "New Releases"

New Releases
These are the best-selling releases of 2023. This list is created by looking at every game released in 2023, then selecting the top ones based on their first two weeks of revenue after launching.

Although, for big releases, that shouldn't change that much when it come to a full year. Besides maybe PayDay3, that game was a atrocious buggy mess and probably didn't much past that launch window "hype".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Crazy to still see pubg all the way up there! When PC players love their games they sure love their games.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Still pulling in tht revenue which is what matters. It's like when rappers die here in the states they take it to the road in Europe and Latin America and get paid 😂
What is that about rappers? I'm so far away from the subculture that I never heard of that lol.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Still pulling in tht revenue which is what matters. It's like when rappers die here in the states they take it to the road in Europe and Latin America and get paid 😂
NBA players too 😂
What is that about rappers? I'm so far away from the subculture that I never heard of that lol.
When they lose relevance in America but are still somewhat popular in other regions, so they tour there instead.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
When they lose relevance in America but are still somewhat popular in other regions, so they tour there instead.
This really is news to me. I'm not keeping up with rapper news, but I don't remember seeing any "former glories" touring Europe after being irrelevant in the US. And I lived in more than one country.

Calverz

28 Mar 2023
Starfield in the top sellers

Starfield in the top new releases

Starfield in the top most played

Starfield in the top played on deck

Starfield in the top played with controller

🤔

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This really is news to me. I'm not keeping up with rapper news, but I don't remember seeing any "former glories" touring Europe after being irrelevant in the US. And I lived in more than one country.
I remember seeing that The Lox had a tour in Europe earlier this year, but they're not really popular anymore in the US anymore.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I remember seeing that The Lox had a tour in Europe earlier this year, but they're not really popular anymore in the US anymore.
I trust you guys, but if what I found in Google is correct, they had 1 concert in Europe this year, which was in London. All other dates were US.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I trust you guys, but if what I found in Google is correct, they had 1 concert in Europe this year, which was in London. All other dates were US.
I mentioned them specifically cuz I remember them saying that not many support their US shows anymore and they can only do smaller venues over here.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Broooo they've all done it from Wutang, to Tekasi to Lox, to many others.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I've seen a few people from GAF say some Sony games underperformed due to weak legs... yet they're saying Starfield sold well while having terrible legs. lol

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty