Steam update confirms Returnal is coming to PC

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
To add upon this, and I know some people may find it offensive, but when people talk about port-begging... Just read the first few comments.

E.g.

I’m just waiting for Demon’s Souls Remake to come to PC
You and me brother
Waiting for SoTC and The Last Guardian
So excited to see Sony making games for pc.
I don't care much for rogue likes but I'm glad to see Sony games continuing to get ported for PC.

There's also plenty of comments from people that got rid of their console and moved to PC. Then we have people saying this won't impact playstation's bottom line when they are making less money per game and pretty much screwing their product experience. Less money from games, peripherals, their own store... The vision is so short sighted.

D

Deleted member 13

It's not port-begging though. To me, Sony already made their decision so saying they are excited to see more games from Sony is being enthusiastic about the specifics of an already established plan from Sony themselves.

A port-beg is like someone hoping a game comes to their platform when there is no evidence from a developer that said game will come nor has ever been verified by the developer that their plans are for a different platform release. A guy owning a switch and saying "man, I hope nintendo gets Bloodborne some day" would be considered port-begging.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's not port-begging though. To me, Sony already made their decision so saying they are excited to see more games from Sony is being enthusiastic about the specifics of an already established plan from Sony themselves.

A port-beg is like someone hoping a game comes to their platform when there is no evidence from a developer that said game will come nor has ever been verified by the developer that their plans are for a different platform release. A guy owning a switch and saying "man, I hope nintendo gets Bloodborne some day" would be considered port-begging.

A port-beg is like someone hoping a game comes to their platform when there is no evidence from a developer that said game will come nor has ever been verified by the developer that their plans are for a different platform release

Have Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodbourne and The Last Guardian been announced to be coming to PC?
Because even by your own (imo wrong) definition, that would be port begging.

• fire
Reactions: Umar and Hezekiah
D

Deleted member 13

A port-beg is like someone hoping a game comes to their platform when there is no evidence from a developer that said game will come nor has ever been verified by the developer that their plans are for a different platform release

Have Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodbourne and The Last Guardian been announced to be coming to PC?
Because even by your own (imo wrong) definition, that would be port begging.
How can my definition be "wrong" when it's subjective. What is YOUR definition of port-begging then?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Sony already said they will be porting their exclusives to PC so they are the ones that created the expectations. Noone knows what games will get ported to PC but we know with 100% certainty that there will be games coming to PC in the future. Hoping for a particular game to come to PC when the company already affirmed they would be porting to PC isn't a port-beg IMO. It's just hoping that their game is on that unkown list of ports.

If Sony never decided to make the decision to port their games to PC - you can call port-begging all day long and it would be justified. But that's not the case here.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is still port-begging whatever the reason 👆

What is subjective is the opinion about the port-begging… related to PÉ games PC users trend to find it fine… PS users trend to find it amusing.

I don’t care either… I think people can port-beg whatever they want… if they will receive it or not is another story… I just find funny (or interesting) to port-beg instead to play it own platform games.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I dont even get the issue with port begging. People want a title on their platform, so what?

Outside of Half Life Alyx, I dont see playstation fans asking for certain games. I mean COD and Elder Scrolls yes, but thats because they were meant to be coming to Playstation. Titanfall might be the last exclusive I saw them wanting. Halo, Gears, Quantum Break, Ark 2, Ori, I just don’t see them asking for these games.

Nintendo fans dont care, don’t see them asking for much Outside of their own ecosystem.

I do see PC people asking for ports, but who cares they want more games on their platform. See it as a compliment to your platform.

Reactions: Umar

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
How can my definition be "wrong" when it's subjective. What is YOUR definition of port-begging then?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Sony already said they will be porting their exclusives to PC so they are the ones that created the expectations. Noone knows what games will get ported to PC but we know with 100% certainty that there will be games coming to PC in the future. Hoping for a particular game to come to PC when the company already affirmed they would be porting to PC isn't a port-beg IMO. It's just hoping that their game is on that unkown list of ports.

If Sony never decided to make the decision to port their games to PC - you can call port-begging all day long and it would be justified. But that's not the case here.

Your definition is correct and makes sense.

Before Sony revealed their plans to not be PlayStation exclusive anymore, asking for a game like Bloodborne or SotC would be port begging. Now it’s just a matter of time.

Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 13

It is still port-begging whatever the reason 👆
@ethomaz - not today. You make me tired. Don't just say what you think is port-begging as if there is some standard definition in a dictionary about the term. State your definition of it and move on. Just realize if you say it as a jab in the forums, you will be doing something against the forum rules.

I don’t care either… I think people can port-beg whatever they want… if they will receive it or not is another story… I just find funny (or interesting) to port-beg instead to play it own platform games.
We've been through this before. There are significant advantages to playing a game on the PC over the PS5/XSX. We all know what they are so no need to go down that path.

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51
D

Deleted member 13

They never said they would be porting their entire catalogue, nor when.
No they didn't. But that doesn't matter since Sony is going to port whatever they see fit.

Sony created the narrative - not the gamers.

Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@VFX_Veteran

I don’t think what is port-begging I said what it is.

If you ask a game to come to your chosen platform it is port-begging no matter your opinion if it is fine or not.

D

Deleted member 13

@VFX_Veteran

I don’t think what is port-begging I said what it is.

If you ask a game to come to your chosen platform it is port-begging no matter your opinion if it is fine or not.
It's really not. You can think that all you want but you need to blame Sony for this and not gamers wanting these games. @Bryank75 is logical enough as a PS-gamer to know that it's Sony's fault these wonderful games are coming to PC. He also can understand why people would want these games. Get with the program.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There are significant advantages to playing a game on the PC over the PS5/XSX. We all know what they are so no need to go down that path.

I think the obvious advantages are power and mods. I wouldn’t enjoy BOTW without the mods on PC lol ( damn you weapon break ).
Or even the Masjoras Mask 3D, Skyrim, Vampire Bloodlines mods. Or certain games at 60fps etc, better looking.

But I also love the simplicity of consoles, for me its easier, less complicated and smoother. Games choices are objective but outisde of From, PS and Nintendo games are my favourite.. O and Kojima

Reactions: Deleted member 13

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's really not. You can think that all you want but you need to blame Sony for this and not gamers wanting these games. @Bryank75 is logical enough as a PS-gamer to know that it's Sony's fault these wonderful games are coming to PC. He also can understand why people would want these games. Get with the program.
You are just excusing or explaining why the port-begging happens… it is still port-begging 🤷‍♂️

If you ask to game that is not in your platform to be released in your platform is the very definition of port-begging no matter the reason/excuse… if Sony set expectations… if you want to play with better graphics… if you want mods… these are the reasons and excuses you do for port-begging.

Like I said I’m not against (I think gamers have the right to port-beg) it but it is what it is.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
At first I figured it would be all their online games and biggest blockbusters (post-console run) to mitigate the risk of more obscure releases that generate no real interest on console. But… Returnal is sorta one of those releases; moderately successful.

Everything might be on the table unless it flops on console big time and it’s not worth it.

I have no problem with it. I’m for Gran Turismo 7 being ported to Xbox even. Fight! Take their money too.