Stellar Blade: “If we didn’t have the hairstyle..”: Kim Hyung Tae Admits Eve’s Ponytail in Stellar Blade Turned into a Big Headache For the Developer.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The good looks and the long flowing hair came at a cost for the developers.

SUMMARY​

• Stellar Blade, the upcoming action-adventure game will make players take the role of Eve, who is tasked with winning the Earth back from aliens.
  • Eve has become popular for her good looks, and especially her hair, which was the result of a dedicated team effort.
  • Even before the PS5 exclusive game releases, rumors are circulating about a potential sequel.

Kim Hyung-tae talks about Eve in Stellar Blade

Eve is shown in the Stellar Blade trailer as a stunning woman who fearlessly battles a hybrid monster robot. The protagonist is in the news because of her good looks. Fans have also gone on to appreciate her long, and flowing beautiful hair. However, the developers have recently revealed that Eve’s elegant looks have come at a cost.

In an exclusive interview with Famitsu on March 27, the game director and CEO Kim Hyung-tae along with technical director Lee Dong-gi spoke extensively about various developmental aspects of the game. During the same interview, they also spoke about the challenges the team had to face in order to develop Eve’s good looks specifically her long hair.

This revelation was made when the developers were asked about the difficulty faced in drawing Eve’s long hair stably. To this, Hyung-tae replied that creating the long ponytail was a big challenge for the team.

He also added,

“If we didn’t have that hairstyle (long ponytail), we might have been able to shorten the development time by about 1 year.”
According to Hyung-tae, the long hair took more time as it was very difficult to make the hair move around stably and beautifully. He also jokingly added that the development team requested him to make Eve’s hair short.
Interestingly, the game director also stated that since it was difficult to keep the long hair without breaking, they have offered the players an option where they could decide whether to give Eve a long or short ponytail.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I have to admit the long Ariana Grande ponytail was kind of annoying so I switched to short ponytail 😬

They worked so hard to make it work I feel bad. I'll try with the new costumes in Challenge mode to see if it's less noticeable.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The hair is truly fantastic. Strand based, physical, flows over the body majestically...
qMRsOux.jpeg

1psLyNX.jpeg

N3ggh7K.jpeg

wc88mCi.jpeg

J6U2Fcb.jpeg

Other characters look great too
TyXwnUs.jpeg

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This game is incredible!!! Love everything about it!
I'm glad ppl are loving it. It'll sell well and demo was the way to go to spread the word. We need more of Stellar and games like this :) It shows with the right vision and support devs can still make it and be a success just like Helldivers 2.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Sircaw

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Already had it on preorder but i think I'll skip the demo and go in fresh
I wish I had done that with ff16. Would be so much more impactful on release.
And I wish Inhas done that with this… although it’s smaller demo

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I had long hair long time ago, now it's a ceasar to the dome (close cut) and I can manage it weekly. I cut my own hair and hvnt been to a barber in decades.
I started losing my hair at 28 so I just started to shave it myself and was ready for the inevitable 😕 I wish I still had mine like you.