Stellar Blade PC Port for Steam

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
The whole industry always considered first party the games published by the platform holder, independently if they own the IP or the lead dev studio or not.

In this case, in addition to first party the game is also 2nd party. 2nd party are the first party games with a lead dev studio not owned by the publisher.

A few days ago I shared a public legal document from Shift Up to their investors and Korean authorities where Shift Up says that Stellar Blade is a 2nd party game (which means it's a first party game).

1st party game means published by the platform holder.

Meaning, the PlayStation games published by Sony are 1st party (like Death Stranding), and the ones published by everybody else there are 3rd party.

It also means that in Steam the games published by Valve are first party and the ones published there by everybody else (like Sony or 505) are 3rd party.

CoD now is a Xbox 1st party game and a 3rd party PS game.

Death Stranding is a PS 1st party game and a 3rd party PC game.
not a first party game. If you look at the definition of first party games from numerous websites it doesn't fit the criteria. So you're wrong.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I would be surprised if it takes more than one year from the console release.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
When do you all think this will release for PC, im waiting for the port so i can play the game uncensored
Why don't I believe you Box?

I am watching you.

security watching GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It was announced as Project EVE and it was always PlayStarion 5 exclusive.

After launch SkillUp talked they have the deride to launch it on PC.

It wasn't. Originally it was supposed to be multiplat.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Shift Up would most probably be focused on getting the photo mode patch done and IPO than the pc port currently.

Box is evolving though, from doom posts to bait posts, Elon warned about sentient AI now look we have to suffer more bait posts 🤭

Reactions: Umar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah, on the trailer. Same as when xbox has the trailer of a multiplat. Iirc the website for shift up had multiplat.
Not sure about that.... I tried to look in the web archive and the oldest site was from 2019 and didn't have anything about multiplarform.

What I found and maybe here is where people thought it was multiplaform was a Job recruitment asking as skills experience in development development in Xbox One, PS4, PS4 Pro and PC... but that doesn't mean a game was multiplatform... just that any guy with expertise in these platform can candidate.

Edit - There is this Gamespot article saying it was announced in 2019 as multiplatform (PS4, XB1 and PC).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Hopefully never. Why waste resources porting to a dead platform when they can redirect those into another amazing PS5 exclusive.

• haha
Reactions: TrishaCat

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
When do you all think this will release for PC, im waiting for the port so i can play the game uncensored
What makes you think it'd be uncensored? Even if you're implying mods, moving files from a ps4 copy of a game and making them work on a PC version I can't imagine is a simple matter, and not all games get very much in terms of mods. I'm not saying it *wouldn't*, but what makes you so sure you'd be able to play it uncensored? There are games that have been on PC for ages that are still censored even when uncensored versions exist (see Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z, for example)

• Surprised
Reactions: 2spooky5me