Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
PS5 2160p/60fps - PS4 1080P/30fps - PS4 Pro 1080P/30fps
7,55Gb -- 13,36Gb -- 13,36Gb​

PS4 uses TAA upscaling to 1080p. - Despite not making use of ray tracing, Stray uses a lighting technique that has some similarities in global illumination.
Higher resolution of reflections on PS5. - Loading times twice as fast on PS5. - Fur rendering and some textures have better quality on PS5.
Overall, the most noticeable difference on PS5 is in the increased resolution and fps. In terms of settings, the visual experience is very similar on all 3 platforms.​

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Very low effort PS5 version, kinda disappointed with that. They pretty much just upped the resolution and frames and that's it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Are all 3 stutter free?

@DynamiteCop Have you managed to play it yet, how is the stutter, not there or pretty bad?

D

Deleted member 13

Are all 3 stutter free?

@DynamiteCop Have you managed to play it yet, how is the stutter, not there or pretty bad?
I played it on my Steam Deck and I'm not seeing any stuttering but Valve has a bad-ass pre-compile shader function for every game so I'm not sure if that is a factor. 1280x800p with 80% rendering scale and medium FX setting. Everything else is max'd out. Getting on average about 30-40fps. When the fur is taking up the entire screenspace, FPS drops to the teens. I'll have to wait to test when I get home on my main computer. Game looks great though!

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Another One Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Very low effort PS5 version, kinda disappointed with that. They pretty much just upped the resolution and frames and that's it.
It is the best version of the game… same settings than PC maxed with a some lower shadow settings only.

Best performance with 60fps without struggling with shader compilation all the time…. Ohh PS5 doesn’t suffer with the auto-Dave issues of others platforms.

Exclusive DualSense support.

I guess we have difference opinions about what is a disappoint version 🤔

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Are all 3 stutter free?

PS4/PS4 Pro has the auto-save issue so the stutter is not free.
PC has a big issue with shader compilation that DF says maybe it is probably not be possible to fix via game and maybe needs involvement of AMD, nVidia and Epic themselves.

PS5 is stutter free at maxed PC settlings except shadows (PS5 looks like medium vs PC high).

D

Deleted member 140

Looks very good on PS5 to me! I want everyone to have a great experience with this wonderful game, that's why I think it's a shame that PC players face issues like that.

Reactions: ethomaz
D

Deleted member 13

PS5 a s the best version to play the game.
Yeap even against PC.

Article.

I would argue that PC version is still the de facto here.

1) Higher shadow map resolution (looks quite good)

2) True native 4k with no dynamic resolution.

The PC gets stuttering (on lower end models) from shader compiles, but it will run at full native 4k which means it's not bandwidth starved like the PS5 is. The shadow map resolution also shows bandwidth limits on the PS5.

NOTE: They also compared a 3060Ti to PS5. I would always compare top of the line GPU to the consoles. PS5 is the top of the line from the PS4, PS4 Pro models. A 3090Ti is the top of the line Nvidia GPU.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I would argue that PC version is still the de facto here.

1) Higher shadow map resolution (looks quite good)

2) True native 4k with no dynamic resolution.

The PC gets stuttering (on lower end models) from shader compiles, but it will run at full native 4k which means it's not bandwidth starved like the PS5 is. The shadow map resolution also shows bandwidth limits on the PS5.
I have the feeling they didn’t push PC at all… they could have implemented better settlings to use the PC high-end hardware better but choose to maintain the settings around the consoles capabilities.

Said that the compilation issue is really becoming something AMD, nVidia and Epic should look for a better alternative because when the industry keep moving to better quality shading the compilation issue become more annoying.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
D

Deleted member 13

I have the feeling they didn’t push PC at all… they could have implemented better settlings to use the PC high-end hardware better but choose to maintain the settings around the consoles capabilities.
Well it's up to the dev team to push whatever they want using the UE. Of course the game could have been pushed further but these guys just wanted to put out what they had. It's good enough.

Said that the compilation issue is really becoming something AMD, nVidia and Epic should look for a better alternative because when the industry keep moving to better quality shading the compilation issue become more annoying.
True. Not sure what Epic has in store because several graphics engines do this precompile after graphics settings have been set. HZD did this shader compile after changing settings that would require a shader compile.

Reactions: ethomaz