Street Fighter 6 Showcase - New Trailers Released, Demo and 4 DLC Characters Confirmed

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The cutscenes/exploration in this game are giving me Persona vibes, pretty weird. Absolutely not what I expected from SF.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The cutscenes/exploration in this game are giving me Persona vibes, pretty weird. Absolutely not what I expected from SF.
This game is like 3 games in 1, three different part. That part is one of them. Another part is the traditional SF game with traditional characters, no avatar and traditiona game modes.

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Man, I do not like the world tour mode. What’s up with the 30fps during fighting in this mode? It feels really bad.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
There is a fps selector
there is? I didn't see one.

played the demo a bit and confirmed that i'm still shit at fighting games. can't combo worth shit. also I hope they include a deadzone adjuster because oh boy do i get a lot of stray inputs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Why would it EVER be 30 in one mode and ONLY during the fights? Lol
Maybe because this game mode has battles in giant stages and with many characters in screen, and because want to run it on PS4 and potato PCs.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Maybe because this game mode has battles in giant stages and with many characters in screen, and because want to run it on PS4 and potato PCs.
I'm playing it on PS5 though. I don't care how it runs on PS4 or a cheap PC. What they are showing in the battles looks very simple and certainly not more advanced than the 60fps arcade mode. And walking around in the WT world and cutscenes is also 60. It just switches to 30 when it's fight time.

Have you tried the demo? The World Tour mode feels ridiculous and like an indie game. I haven't been following the marketing too closely, but I hope this isn't the "main" game and it's still all about the designed characters/stages/arcade/online mode. The Arcade mode demo felt great.

Also, I did not see a way to change the frame rate in WT mode. That section was so bad.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm playing it on PS5 though. I don't care how it runs on PS4 or a cheap PC. What they are showing in the battles looks very simple and certainly not more advanced than the 60fps arcade mode. And walking around in the WT world and cutscenes is also 60. It just switches to 30 when it's fight time.

Have you tried the demo? The World Tour mode feels ridiculous and like an indie game. I haven't been following the marketing too closely, but I hope this isn't the "main" game and it's still all about the designed characters/stages/arcade/online mode. The Arcade mode demo felt great.

Also, I did not see a way to change the frame rate in WT mode. That section was so bad.
World Tour isn't the main game, it's onlly a single player story mode/tutorial to learn the gameplay basics in a fun way and to learn about the backstory of the characters and the lore. The Fighting Ground side is the 'main' game: where you play with the normal characters in the traditional SF game modes like Arcade (with more story for each character), Versus, Training, Team Battle etc.

In Fighting Ground, unlike the World Tour you play in the typical small stages instead of in an open world. And unlike in World Tour, in Fighting Ground you play 1 vs 1 instead of fighting (sometimes) in battles of multiple vs multiple people.

Then there's the third pilar: the Battle Hub. You can go there with your World Tour avatar to meet other players, in a 3D environment metaverse like environment (instead of using the classic menus of Fighting Ground) and join them in tournaments, casual or ranked (also available in Fighting Ground) with normal characters, or make PvP avatar fights, or play classic emulated Capcom arcade games like SF2 or Final Fight.

The demo only features the start of World Tour and a very limited portion of Fighting Ground. Unlike the previous betas this time it doesn't feature the Battle Hub.

The framerate/hz is changed in Options > Graphics. There's Performance or resolution mode and also a 'Input delay reduction' which as I remember activates 120Hz and VRR but the game still draws the game at 60fps to ensure all players see the same experience online (so even if you're getting a higher fps the game only updates the visuals 60 times per second). PS4 also is 60fps but at 1080p only.

These are the input lags for each case:

They improved the input lag compared to the previous betas. I think it has the best input lag that any 3D SF ever had.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TubzGaming

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
World Tour isn't the main game, it's onlly a single player story mode/tutorial to learn the gameplay basics in a fun way and to learn about the backstory of the characters and the lore. The Fighting Ground side is the 'main' game: where you play with the normal characters in the traditional SF game modes like Arcade (with more story for each character), Versus, Training, Team Battle etc.

In Fighting Ground, unlike the World Tour you play in the typical small stages instead of in an open world. And unlike in World Tour, in Fighting Ground you play 1 vs 1 instead of fighting (sometimes) in battles of multiple vs multiple people.

Then there's the third pilar: the Battle Hub. You can go there with your World Tour avatar to meet other players, in a 3D environment metaverse like environment (instead of using the classic menus of Fighting Ground) and join them in tournaments, casual or ranked (also available in Fighting Ground) with normal characters, or make PvP avatar fights, or play classic emulated Capcom arcade games like SF2 or Final Fight.

The demo only features the start of World Tour and a very limited portion of Fighting Ground. Unlike the previous betas this time it doesn't feature the Battle Hub.

The framerate/hz is changed in Options > Graphics. There's Performance or resolution mode and also a 'Input delay reduction' which as I remember activates 120Hz and VRR but the game still draws the game at 60fps to ensure all players see the same experience online (so even if you're getting a higher fps the game only updates the visuals 60 times per second). PS4 also is 60fps but at 1080p only.

These are the input lags for each case:

Good to know, I thought the "regular" fight mode felt really good and will likely buy it just because I'm a long time SF fan (heck I saw SF1 in arcades as a very small kid). Glad that's where the action will be.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Have you tried the demo?
Yup.
image.png

image.png

Good to know, I thought the "regular" fight mode felt really good and will likely buy it just because I'm a long time SF fan (heck I saw SF1 in arcades as a very small kid). Glad that's where the action will be.
I forgot to mention that in PS4 (and I assume in PS5 in case you don't have 120Hz or VRR) the 'reduced latency' mode disables vsync. That means that when the tv doesn't have VRR there's tearing at least during the intro animations (I didn't notice it during gameplay) of the Fighting Ground battles. Still 60fps everywhere (except outside World Tour battles which are 30fps in PS4/PS4 Pro/PS5, and in case of PS4 World Tour navigation through the open world, framerate there is around 45fps in PS4, 60 in PS5).

Yes, the normal gameplay (Fighting Ground and Battle Hub battles) is awesome. Feels really polished and well designed: they combined in the new combat system some mechanics from all SF series but with a new flavor, and in a way that interact very well between them, are accessible to new players but also add several new layers making the gameplay way more deep. The input lag and netcode (not available in this demo, but was in the previous betas) are flawless, the best one they ever had in 3D SF games.

I still have the Amstrad CPC and ZX Spectrum cassette tapes of Street Fighter 1. I didn't play the arcade version of SF1 until SF2 Champion Edition was released: back then I found a place where they had next to each other SF1, SF2 World Warrior and SF2 CE. In the SF1 era the arcade fighting games I remember to have played were Yie Ar Kung Fu, more or less the SF precursor and Street Smart, an insteresting SNK 'ripoff' of SF1 that added interesting stuff from Final Fight-like beat'em ups like depth to don't only walk left and right and battles with multiple characters.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

You can choose performance mode in the settings when you're in the main menu. It's on Resolution by default.

I didn't try World Tour yet but it should be 60fps there too?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You can choose performance mode in the settings when you're in the main menu. It's on Resolution by default.

I didn't try World Tour yet but it should be 60fps there too?
In PS5, World Tour it also is 60fps during cinematics or while travelling the open world, like in the rest of the game.

But during World Tour battles it's pretty much locked 30fps, because the stages are big (open world, not a small stage) and fights aren't always 1 vs 1, there are cases with multiple characters on each side with maybe 5 or 6 characters on screen plus the ones cheering in the background.

Even if you change switch between performance and resolution modes, the framerate you'll see will be the same: locked 30fps for the World Tour battles (battles different than the ones in the rest of the game) and locked 60fps for the rest of the game. The difference between resolution and performace are resolution (4K vs 1080p) and less input lag (see the table above).

On top of switching between resolution and performance modes there's also an input lag reduction mode, which if enable adds 120Hz in PS5 (but still showing the game at 60fps to keep consistency in all cases, games, between platforms and players) and removes vsync to use VRR if available (if not you may get tearing).

Apparently the PS5 version also has extra raytraced? reflections in some surfaces, which I assume may also be disabled in some PS5 mode:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Please tell me scrubs aren’t allowed to use the simple command bs in vs.

Hate it when they do this stuff.

Then again I also think world tour story mode should be scrapped. I honestly hope I don’t need to engage with it at all. I’ll just be in online vs.

Game is hideous. DAY ONE