Street Fighter 6 Showcase - New Trailers Released, Demo and 4 DLC Characters Confirmed

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Please tell me scrubs aren’t allowed to use the simple command bs in vs.
Are you afraid of scrubs being able to perform a hadoken with a button press at the expense of them losing access to certain several attacks and combos?

Then again I also think world tour story mode should be scrapped. I honestly hope I don’t need to engage with it at all. I’ll just be in online vs.
People like you is the reason of why SFV was released with the content it had at launch.

Reactions: anonpuffs
24 Jun 2022
Just tried out the demo, haven't touched World Tour mode yet. Only the tutorials and VS. CPU (seems like Training is greyed out for this demo). There are things I like, but a few things I'm iffy on.

First off the game runs great on regular PS4, so if there were any worries about performance, you can subside them. The game may have a few seconds more loading vs. the current systems, but it's more than bearable. The graphics look crisp, special effects are nice and the effects for Drive Rush and Drive Impact aren't distracting or visually cluttered.

I don't care for the modern controls so stuck with Classic, though I'm noticing I'd probably be better off with a keyboard, stick or Hitbox (I'm definitely not got going tournament-level with this game so I don't care if Hitbox is banned there xD). Personally I don't care for the music in the demo, although I didn't hear Ryu's theme and I remember liking his among others when they were revealed. Luke's theme is more middle of the road though.

I think the tutorials do a good enough job teaching Drive Rush, Drive Impact, and the Drive Gauge, which are the main things I will have to adjust to. However for the Character tutorials I was looking for a way to actually try the demonstrations but I don't think there's a way to do them. In the CPU matches I felt comfortable enough to put it to CPU Level 6, I think that's where you start to see some real, practical demonstrations of the Drive techniques mixed in with the general attacks and abilities of the character, to get more a feel for combat in SF6 in particular (vs. previous SF games).

For combat itself, speed feels good; things felt faster as I got the hang of them again. Drive Impact seems OP when you're in the corner and the opponent's using it, but I know a well-timed throw can break it, and I think Drive Parries work too (didn't get a chance to practice them much yet there). Throws are a safer option in those instances, though, I think in a real match it'd just come down to knowing your opponent's tendencies. I found myself using Drive Parries and Drive Rush more, though; Drive Rush in particular seems like a great extender for doing combos and mixing up on the opponent. However, I'm a bit perplexed why they made the Drive Rush cancel option that
costs more Drive Gauge, mechanically easier to perform than the one that costs less bar? I can understand the choice to some extent but still wrapping my head around it some.

Otherwise, the only other issue I had was with my PS4 controller; at times it felt like my inputs were getting buffered and Luke (who I was playing as) would randomly do moves I didn't put in the command inputs for. Got really annoying in some matches as it was the main reason I lost them. Granted, I haven't touched a controller for SF in a long time so when it comes to that input method I'm a bit rusty and have to tighten some things up, and it also could have been the controller itself. Otherwise inputs felt perfectly fine.

I'll try out the World Tour stuff later tonight, but so far I'm liking how the game plays and get the feeling once I learn more of the Drive system inputs I can open up possibilities in the game and how things work, to get even more out of it.