Strengths and Weaknesses of each platform in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
What is your take on the state of each of the main gaming platforms as of 2022?

Here is mine:

Xbox:
-Has the best deal in gaming by far and this can't be argued. You get ALL of their games DAY ONE, it's extremely good, $1 for three months right here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass)
-It has by far the most toxic community in gaming (responsible for countless incidents of doxing/death threats/fake news)
-Sadly it had no exclusive games, their output of games this gen has been truly lackluster.

PlayStation:
- PC ports makes me very concerned about the future quality of their games, it will inevitably lead to more and more GaaS.
- Way too many games using the "third-person dad simulator formula" with unskippable walking part.
- 8 Teraflops overclocked to 10TF is very concerning for a hardware released in 2020.

Nintendo:
- They still refuse to port their games to PC.
- Too many games aimed at kids.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
So your negative for sony is they are porting to pc and your negative for nintendo is they aren’t porting to pc? Lol

Playstation - The overall features of the system still feel far behind the xbox, including BC, need more 1st party game variety , plus premium needs a lot of work

Xbox- They haven’t updated their controllers or UI, and still haven’t released a lot of compelling software of their own, also think series s will hold it back

Nintendo- Obviously outdated hardware, lack of basic system features, online play and services are still 3 generations behind, no bc, high cost of software

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
What is your take on the state of each of the main gaming platforms as of 2022?

Here is mine:

Xbox:
-Has the best deal in gaming by far and this can't be argued. You get ALL of their games DAY ONE, it's extremely good, $1 for three months right here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass)
-It has by far the most toxic community in gaming (responsible for countless incidents of doxing/death threats/fake news)
-Sadly it had no exclusive games, their output of games this gen has been truly lackluster.

PlayStation:
- PC ports makes me very concerned about the future quality of their games, it will inevitably lead to more and more GaaS.
- Way too many games using the "third-person dad simulator formula" with unescapable walking part.
- 8 Teraflops overclocked to 10TF is very concerning for a hardware released in 2020.

Nintendo:
- They still refuse to port their games to PC.
- Too many games aimed at kids.
i realize you stated you wanted to get banned in the discord thread 20 minutes ago.

Nominedomine — Yesterday at 23:56
Lol I just read the VFX announcement, pathetic, RIP icon-era
[23:56]
Time to get banned

It's a pity you can't see through your narrow-minded pettiness.

Alot of us are trying to build this site up, but if that's your wish so be it.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: MScarpa and rofif
OP
OP
nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
i realize you stated you wanted to get banned in the discord thread 20 minutes ago.

Time to get banned

Alot of are trying to build this site up, but if that's your wish so be it.
That's probably @adamsapple pretending to be me.

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
green rats got suckered, entire year without games to play and they still praise uncle phil, he's lucky to have them suckers as fan base

YrWUVcz.jpg

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
MS's biggest negative has been extremely obvious, the lack of a consistent first party output. They laid out a vision of having 1 first party game each quarter of a year, and this year has been exceptionally bad about living up to it so far.

Hopefully 2023, and when their recent acquisitions actually start outputting first party content, brings about this vision in earnest.

Starfield being delayed out of 2022 was a big blow for the hearts and minds. Hopefully they remedy it with some games like Deathloop and a few other games ported to Xbox that weren't there before to mitigate a lackluster Q4.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I just want a good competition again, Lots of games on all sides.
Hopefully it should pick up next year from around lets say March onward.
I want to see new IP's and Old IP's getting new games as well the more the merrier.
That way its a win for everyone. :love:

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
does Nintendo still use friend codes? I remember when I played Super Mario odyssey back in late 2017 and 2018 on a friends switch and then trying out rocket league I was surprised that they went back to friend codes after Wii U dropping them in 2012. That was 4 years ago and they haven't updated it to work better with the online app thing?

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022

Time to get banned

Alot of are trying to build this site up, but if that's your wish so be it.

Theres a discord?

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
Are these the Icon Era equivalent of those Gaf bait threads that Bowser picture guy does

Status
Not open for further replies.