Suckerpunch clarify no new inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper games are currently in production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
And they will probably won’t be for a while, if ever.

As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio. With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we’d never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now there are no inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper games in development.

FWl8kJoWAAA_eUO

Last edited:

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
No real surprises here, GoT sequel will be well into development by now, maybe someone pitched sly before GoT came out?

Reactions: Deleted member 38
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
would also like to put out there that both AccountNGT and Shpesal_Nick were the ones saying they were 100% working on both franchises for the past year.

also, the sad truth is marvel games are probably part of the reason inFAMOUS isn't coming back. A wolverine or any licensed cape game will sell far more copies than off-brand infamous game. The other thing about inFAMOUS is that there isn't really a unique story hook beyond good & evil.

if sony wanted to adapt it into a tv show or movie theres not much they could really do with the concept to make it stand out. Its fairly generic compared to sonys other IP. If they bring back inFAMOUS they gotta reboot the entire concept, maybe put it more into the lane of Invincible or The Boys. When the series first came out it was a good idea for a game but in 2022 it needs to stand on its on as an all-around good IP.

as for Sly Cooper theres like 100's of people who are most likely broken up about that news.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@Remember_Spinal would you mind adding the original link for their website and an excerpt? I'd recommend something like

As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio. With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we’d never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now there are no inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper games in development.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Right decision. When you have spent so much money and resources on GOT it is convenient to continue using the engine and assets.

So looks like GOT will be Sony Assasins Creed etc.

Expect them to go full fiction for the sequel.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Huge bummer they or anyone else is not working on Sly.
I hope they have been expanded and are working on more than GOT2 ( which I cant wait for )

Reactions: Deleted member 140
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
obviously SP are focusing on GoT2, but why the hell Sony doesn't hire a good 3rd party dev to make Infamous or Sly? fucking stupid

because the general public doesn't like those games as much as people on gaming centric forums do.

Ghost is about to double the sales of the entire franchise of Sly. Ghost has already greatly outsold Second Son in 1.5 years

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Honestly I’m not sure why theres a need for Infamous after the arrival of Spiderman.

Same for Sly Cooper. There are better Sony IPs like Ratchet. Astrobot etc.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Honestly I’m not sure why theres a need for Infamous after the arrival of Spiderman.

Same for Sly Cooper. There are better Sony IPs like Ratchet. Astrobot etc.

Sly honestly never got it’s due. It was on ps2 then a so/so title on ps3. Just needs to be given to a studio with vision.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Sly honestly never got it’s due. It was on ps2 then a so/so title on ps3. Just needs to be given to a studio with vision.

It got 4 main games so definitely got its due. Didn't sell well.

Tsushima alone has sold more than the entire Sly series.

Tsushima has probably outsold Infamous too.

Reality is Sucker Punch have gone from a AA game developer to a AAA game developer. Their standards and the expectations are higher. Infamous and Sly are not going to cut it.

Reactions: Papacheeks

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It got 4 main games so definitely got its due. Didn't sell well.

Tsushima alone has sold more than the entire Sly series.

Tsushima has probably outsold Infamous too.

Reality is Sucker Punch have gone from a AA game developer to a AAA game developer. Their standards and the expectations are higher. Infamous and Sly are not going to cut it.

I don’t disagree but games like Zelda and ratchet sell. Look at astrobot vr missions did well for a small project. Sly cooper never evolved. Jak and daxter evolved from hub world levels to straight up gta open world. Ratchets planets/levels are huge. Sly cooper never evolved they just kept doing the same thing design wise. Same can be said for infamous. Only they applied what they learned about quests/missions design.

I think if someone would to do a open world bank heist game with visuals close to The animated movie The Bad Guys it could do every well.

I mean look at god of war? It was almost a dead IP when looking at sales from Ascension.

But Cory had vision and literally rebuilt god of war.

It can be done. I just think it won’t be by sucker punch.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don’t disagree but games like Zelda and ratchet sell. Look at astrobot vr missions did well for a small project. Sly cooper never evolved. Jak and daxter evolved from hub work levels to straight up gta open world. Ratchets planets/levels are huge. Sly cooper never evolved they just kept doing the same thing design wise. Same can be said for infamous. Only they applied what they learned about quests/missions design.

I think if someone would to do a open world bank heist game with visuals close to The ani after movie The Bad Guys it could do every well.

I mean look at god of war? It was almost a dead IP when looking at sales from Ascension.

But Cory had vision and literally rebuilt gif of war.

It can be done. I just think it won’t be by sucker punch.

I agree with what you’re saying. Every game can evolve and be improved.

Like you said, Just believe Sucker Punch are no longer the guys it since Tsushima. They are now a AAA game developer.

It’s the same with Naughty Dog and Jak and Daxter.

All their focus is on AAA games like Uncharted and TLOU.

Best case scenario is Sony finds a small time developer to make Sly with the help and supervision of Sucker Punch.

D

Deleted member 140

That is so disappointing. I loved the Infamous Second Son and First Light! As for Sly thats probably better off left dead.

I enjoyed the Infamous games as well, especially First Light with the beautiful new powers and the way more interesting main character.

Where does that negativity regarding Sly Cooper come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.