Suckerpunch clarify no new inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper games are currently in production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm glad we're 100% getting a Ghost of Tsushima 2 but I was expecting some kind of collection on PS+ for the rest. Oh well 😥
would also like to put out there that both AccountNGT and Shpesal_Nick were the ones saying they were 100% working on both franchises for the past year.
Is that why AccountNGT left his discord today 🤔 He got one thing right and then nothing else. Acting like a big insider for months.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
i really wonder why people do this to themselves. the reality of a giant AAA-studio on the level of SP or ND shipping something like a sly cooper or jak and daxter game again in 2022 and onwards, is almost certainly zero.

these studios have moved past the 3d mascot platformers from 2001 and have legitimate megahits on their hands.

Expect SP to do nothing but ghost of tsushima for awhile.

if there is a new Sly, it'll be given to a much smaller developer.

this news means nothing.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I'm glad we're 100% getting a Ghost of Tsushima 2 but I was expecting some kind of collection on PS+ for the rest. Oh well 😥

Is that why AccountNGT left his discord today 🤔 He got one thing right and then nothing else. Acting like a big insider for months.

thats how they all operate. Guess one thing right and ride the wave of internet fame.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
i really wonder why people do this to themselves. the reality of a giant AAA-studio on the level of SP or ND shipping something like a sly cooper or jak and daxter game again in 2022 and onwards, is almost certainly zero.

these studios have moved past the 3d mascot platformers from 2001 and have legitimate megahits on their hands.

Expect SP to do nothing but ghost of tsushima for awhile.

if there is a new Sly, it'll be given to a much smaller developer.

this news means nothing.

to be fair Insomniac are still making Ratchet and Clank games and they have the two biggest IP under their belt right now

but yeah, I don't see Naughty Dog going back to Jak or Suckerpunch going back to Sly

this is why sony needs to get smaller teams like Ember Lab, they can increase their budget 100 fold and sitll be vastly cheaper to produce one of their games than a Naughty Dog or Insomniac game.

Give Kena the budget Returnal got and watch them soar.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Seems like I'm missing something by never playing the Infamous games...

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Seems like I'm missing something by never playing the Infamous games...

I’ve only played second son, outside of graphics i didn’t really like it.

I hope if sony does go back to making platformerrs they just make new IP. I feel like some game series happened and just need to end eventually. Make the old games available via bc or remaster and let it be.

Older gamers have a nostalgic attachment to older mascot characters but the industry either wants to make new characters or continue working on what they have. Good studios aren’t clamoring to revive dead characters in a less than popular genre.

I already know the want for these games and characters are paper thin by the way people treated rift apart, which is like the cream of the crop for mascot platformers.

A game like Kena did really well. It was a new IP and had some of that old school platformer/zelda feel. More games like that please

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I was under the impression there was a Sly game being worked on, but held to the vest? Was that just leaker BS then?

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Apparently it was all BS
There are "leakers" out there who purposefully "leak" fake rumors to build up hype and lead into fan disappointment later on.
People just need to exercise common sense before believing "leaks".

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Everyone knew Shpeshal_nick was full of shit and if you didn’t, jokes on you. That guy has never gotten anything correct, its just as bad as Serrano.

Only leakers that are ever somewhat accurate are Schriere, Henderson and Grubb

Status
Not open for further replies.