Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League’ has been delayed to February 2, 2024

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Shieeettt they about to do a whole rework? Bit late to change the whole game structure...

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's crazy far away after all the delays already. Poor Rocksteady. A decade of nothing after making the template for all superheroes game.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That is what you get by chasing trends like GaaS. They could've easily developed a regular AAA game like the previous Batman games and it would be selling as well as Hogwarts or Spider-man and wouldn't have taken so long (this game will now release 9 years after the last Batman game).

Most AAA studios are not suited for this and I doubt that making it a GaaS was a creative decision motivated by some artistic drive. Your AAA game shouldn't even resemble a GaaS game so not to risk people getting the wrong idea about it.

Sony is at great risk of going down the same path with all their talk about GaaS.

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Sexy Suicide Squad GIF

Reactions: AniWeeb

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
This feels like Warner bros needed to spread there money grubbing ways and laboured it onto Rocksteady

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Well shit. Wonder what it was. The negative reaction to the trailer, market analysis of Anthem, Avengers and Halo, actual game dev issues, trying to build post-launch content early, an actual reworking of the game, etc?

edit: Oh. its the same delay as last month. So only "polishing" with no actual fixes. They're lucky Hogwarts bailed WB Games out or the Discovery guy would have cut-cut-cut!

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Very unfortunate for Rocksteady. Pretty obvious who had the bright idea of turning Warner's gaming brightest studio into a GAAS machine. To see the stupidity blow up in their face real time is something else.

At least I'll give them credit that they haven't released the game in a garbage condition like others would (EA for example) or that they haven't cancelled and laid off a great chunk of the staff but it's unfortunately pretty grim. You can only hope for the best I guess.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
No idea what the play from WB is. The game already has it's inevitable fate written across it. No matter what, it will die a quick death and WB Will annouce the end of the their plans around Season 2.

Just release it now and get it over with. Why waste more money?

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Pretty obvious who had the bright idea of turning Warner's gaming brightest studio into a GAAS machine. To see the stupidity blow up in their face real time is something else.
The culprit will not suffer any consequences for it, though. The abused studio will.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No time is gonna help that no1 gives a fuck about the Suicide Squad characters.
Out of all the DC characters, Super Heroes and Non Super Hero comics, they went with Suicide Squad. Lame

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Out of all the DC characters, Super Heroes and Non Super Hero comics, they went with Suicide Squad. Lame
But it has harley quinn and all the children love her *said a greedy WB executive

Reactions: Kokoloko

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I like the (90s and early 2000s) Suicide Squad, you know, the one without Harley. The game doesn't look like it plays even remotely like those comics, though.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They probably realized it won’t make it thru its launch window as an online game.

I still don’t get what their expectations were. I’d like to think they scaled back the project and pulling what was done with Arkham Knights. Scrap long term support and just make it a boxed game. I’d be a bit concerned about rocksteady’s future.

Unless there’s a surprise br mode in there somewhere …

If they want to make a big IP online game at WB … Hogwarts is best geared for that and wouldn’t bastardize its core gameplay either.

Last edited: