Sumo digital announces massive layoffs, cuts 15% of workforce

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Name sounds familiar, what games do they make?
sackboy, little big planet, they do support work on a ton of games too. they did support on some microsoft games like halo infinite, redfall, and forza. they made that hood pve gaas game that flopped. they helped on crusader kings 3 and fall guys.

• Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They were acquired by Tencent I believe after Sackboy Adventures.

Doubt they will be doing an exclusive again.
There was a leak years back that showed they had another PS5 game working on... and Tencent stated their studios were still allowed to work with pubs / partners as they did before acquisition but lets see.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
There was a leak years back that showed they had another PS5 game working on... and Tencent stated their studios were still allowed to work with pubs / partners as they did before acquisition but lets see.

Sackboy 2?

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
After I checked and their last developed game were Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Suicide Squad (co-developed) but you probably know them for Sackboy Big Adventure and Hogwarts Legacy (co-developed).

sackboy, little big planet, they do support work on a ton of games too. they did support on some microsoft games like halo infinite, redfall, and forza. they made that hood pve gaas game that flopped. they helped on crusader kings 3 and fall guys.
Those none PlayStation projects sunk them, particularly those Xbox flops they worked on, such a shame.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Why didn't more of you monsters buy Sackboy???? WHY!

GIF by PSX Test