Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

The Final Previews for Super Mario RPG Remake are coming up

Videos:

Blogposts:
\
VGC:
It’s authentic to the point that you could almost imagine switching the visuals back to the original pre-rendered sprites with the switch of a menu option, as – brilliantly – you can with the game’s soundtrack.
NintendoLife:
All in all, the first three hours of Super Mario RPG’s Switch remake have reminded us of just how delightful the original was. The SNES game is timeless, and so far, the Switch remake retains that level of excellence that we experienced in '96. If it manages to retain the charm and joy all the way through, all while sprinkling in a few little touches throughout, then we reckon every Mario fan – of Super Mario RPG or the character in general – will have their wish come true come 17th November.
DigitalTrends:
In general, Super Mario RPG seems much easier than its predecessor so far — and that’s not a bad thing. It’s mostly thanks to little changes like these that cut away some tedium. Autosaving, for instance, makes it so I’m no longer set back very far after a death. It’s also easier to fix up my party on the fly between battles with a more organized mini menu that groups items together (no more scrolling through 10 mushrooms to find syrup) and a quick ability menu that lets me use Mallow’s healing rain outside of battle.
GamesRadar:
Super Mario RPG is shaping up to be a fascinating remake. It does far more than simply offer a modernized visual retouch, but it makes its changes without any dramatic changes to the flow and spirit of the original game. It's absolutely faithful to the spirit of the original, but the developers have recognized the limitations and frustrations of the old game and made some smart adjustments to level out those issues without compromising what made it all great in the first place. I can't wait to see how the rest of the game plays out with all these changes in place.

Reactions: Entropi

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
DigitalTrends said:
In general, Super Mario RPG seems much easier than its predecessor so far — and that’s not a bad thing. It’s mostly thanks to little changes like these that cut away some tedium. Autosaving, for instance, makes it so I’m no longer set back very far after a death. It’s also easier to fix up my party on the fly between battles with a more organized mini menu that groups items together (no more scrolling through 10 mushrooms to find syrup) and a quick ability menu that lets me use Mallow’s healing rain outside of battle.
I mean, its not like the original was hard. But yes, now that they mention it, inventory sorting was a chore back in the day.

Last edited:

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I want to get this, but I just don't think it's worth $60. It may be a remake, but at its core it's still a SNES game, so I think $40 would be more appropriate for it. Hopefully the physical copy will come down to that price at some point.

Reactions: Snes nes

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Cool I always wanted to play this now I got the modern version I’m supposed to prefer over the original so imma gonna get this sometime if its ever reduced.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I keep forgetting that this is coming out soon! Still on my Pikmin 3 replay (almost done), with Pikmin 4 and Mario Wonder next, I won't come to play this one anytime soon. But I'm really looking forward to it.

• Shake
Reactions: Snes nes

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I’m Mario’d out as of Wonder. Will catch this sometime next year.