Switch 2 rumor |OT| launch at $400. |UP| Successor to switch will be announced at end of fiscal year.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Hand held with a USB C to HDMI cable and boom, hybrid device.
it would be nice if they did a unibody design like the Lite that still output to a TV. but they're too cheap to throw a pro controller in the box, so they'll gimp every unit with joycons instead.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
it would be nice if they did a unibody design like the Lite that still output to a TV. but they're too cheap to throw a pro controller in the box, so they'll gimp every unit with joycons instead.
They can make it like the regular one right now, but instead of a dock, include the HDMI cable.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They can make it like the regular one right now, but instead of a dock, include the HDMI cable.
That is a remarkably dumb idea from an ergonomics and convenience standpoint. The dock is basically just a hub for the HDMI and power cables as it is, and ethernet on the OLED dock.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
That is a remarkably dumb idea from an ergonomics and convenience standpoint. The dock is basically just a hub for the HDMI and power cables as it is, and ethernet on the OLED dock.
There ought to be no downside to the dock, yet Switch doesn't support generic USB-C -> HDMI out. It should support both.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
They have released one non-peripheral dependent game at 70 dollars, ever, and it was far from "a low budget game developed by 50 people."

Not to mention that, like most Japanese companies they do heavy outsourcing to ghost companies on most "EPD" games and have done so since the times of arcade Donkey Kong.
I'm talking about this:
There is a high chance that games will cost more, too: $70.
As in, if this happens in the future.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
There ought to be no downside to the dock, yet Switch doesn't support generic USB-C -> HDMI out. It should support both.
It does, provided you have the right chipset. USB-C to HDMI dongles for Switch are a dime a dozen on Amazon, AliExpress and elsewhere.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Why is there "probably" there?
They either know or they don't.

Personally, i hope it's just a switch 2 and bc with switch 1. I never owned a nintendo outside of nes.
So Mario games, odyssey, zelda games... are all waiting for me.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
My biggest gripe with them but if you speak about tht your automatically labeled a hater or troll. I get they do their own thing but the lack of advancement in their tech and the regurgitation of certain ips like Mario Kart 100000 really gets to me.

Watch them re release Switch games for the Switch 2 and no one will complain.

Breath of the Wild Deluxe edition.

Tears of the Kingdom HD.

Still sell millions cause Nintendo fans are sheep who believe Nintendo can do no wrong.

I was a massive Nintendo fan and thankfully managed to see through Nintendos bullshit.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Watch them re release Switch games for the Switch 2 and no one will complain.

Breath of the Wild Deluxe edition.

Tears of the Kingdom HD.

Still sell millions cause Nintendo fans are sheep who believe Nintendo can do no wrong.

I was a massive Nintendo fan and thankfully managed to see through Nintendos bullshit.
Bro Mario Kart 8 is the killer of all time tht shit been re released like ten times 😂

• haha
Reactions: kuzon and Muddasar

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
400 seems low. Hope they can have good quality and oled. And hope it’s bc

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Will be interesting to see if parents will spend $400 on a Nintendo hand held. Personally I don't see i Switch 2 being as powerful as PS4, that's alot of power to cram into a handheld affordably without it overheating. Will need a 500gb HD at a minimum if they hope to run COD. And we not going to even talk about Nintendo's propriety mediums for physical games. PS4 sized games are awfully large to put onto carts. Nintendo would loose alot or retail presence going digital only. Another thing is they gotta hope the public doesn't see Switch 2 as just an upgrade or it could be Wii U all over again. And I could see this being the case if Nintendo has to use the same carts due to bc. I just dont see Switch 2 selling 20+ mil/yr like the original.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Zelda Tears Of Kingdom was the first Nintendo game at 70$

Same question from first page :
Oh yeah forgot about that one. Sickening. And as others have said it won't go on any proper sale over the next few years. Then they'll re-release it on Switch 2 running at 1080p lol.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Oh yeah forgot about that one. Sickening. And as others have said it won't go on any proper sale over the next few years. Then they'll re-release it on Switch 2 running at 1080p lol.
Boohoohoo, what you are really saying is that no one is willing to sell back their game to Gamestop for 5 dollars so they can sell it used for 15. Nintendo releases retain value because people continue to pay those prices, no other reason.

• haha
Reactions: Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Boohoohoo, what you are really saying is that no one is willing to sell back their game to Gamestop for 5 dollars so they can sell it used for 15. Nintendo releases retain value because people continue to pay those prices, no other reason.
Boohoohoo?

Erm no I'm not saying that all, I haven't bought a physical game for years lol.

And when I play it it'll be through an emulator, and nowhere near 900p.

But do carry on smiling while you get bent over 😛