Tactics Ogre: Reborn announced for Nintendo Switch, PS4/5, and PC

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
It’s called marketing. Happens to other platforms too.
Live a Live? Triangle Strategy? Harvestella? Dragon Quest Treasures?

a new edition of Nier automata with nintendo-themed extra costumes appearing all of a sudden?

all from this year alone?

not looking too good for the Sony acquisition pipe-dreams TBH. Especially when Nintendo was flat-out the publisher of a few of these games, lol.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
brutal round of skips this week for Xbox.

Tactics Ogre Switch/PS4/5/PC

Crayon Shin-Chan Switch/PS4/PC

Samurai Maiden Switch/PS4/5/PC

Ray'z Arcade Chronology Switch/PS4

Adventure Academia Switch/PS4/PC

Business as usual I guess.

lots of material for the group therapy session this week. Almost 30 pages!
Being into Japanese games and being primarily an Xbox fan seems like a bad combo. You either don't get it at all, wait for years, or it has to be subsidized by gamepass.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022

a new edition of Nier automata with nintendo-themed extra costumes appearing all of a sudden?

not looking too good for the Sony acquisition pipe-dreams TBH. Especially when Nintendo was flat-out the publisher of a few of these games, lol.

Again, it’s called marketing. Having Nintendo items in a game doesn’t mean anything. That happens when you want to do brand marketing and associate your platform with the game.

Square Enix and Sony did this first with Nier Automata on PS4

31027081070_aaf80b8e17_z.jpg

31360473516_2d5936a11c.jpg

It’s nothing new.

Nintendo publishing games is also nothing new and doesn’t mean anything. Just because Square Enix is operating normally as a business doesn’t mean they can’t and aren’t getting purchased. We all saw what happened with Sony and Bethesda.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
brutal round of skips this week for Xbox.

Tactics Ogre Switch/PS4/5/PC

Crayon Shin-Chan Switch/PS4/PC

Samurai Maiden Switch/PS4/5/PC

Ray'z Arcade Chronology Switch/PS4

Adventure Academia Switch/PS4/PC

Business as usual I guess.

lots of material for the group therapy session this week. Almost 30 pages!
Being Xbox only player and liking Japanese games never matched.

It was a bit better on 360 with some good exclusives but even so a lot of games skipped it.

Tô play Japanese games or you go PS5 for the big titles or Switch for most of not all smaller titles.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

You're gonna be SO mad when Sony buys SE.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I can list exclusives like FF16, FF7 remake games, Valkyrie Elysium, and Forspoken as proof of the Square Enix and Sony close relationship.

Those games are bigger than whatever AA games Nintendo gets as exclusives.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I can list exclusives like FF16, FF7 remake games, Valkyrie Elysium, and Forspoken as proof of the Square Enix and Sony close relationship.

Those games are bigger than whatever AA games Nintendo gets as exclusives.

Not to mention the only game Square Enix actively made money on last quarter is still console exclusive to playstation

Reactions: On Demand
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
You're gonna be SO mad when Sony buys SE.
Frustrated World Cup GIF
hell yeah, i'd be pissed lol. most of what i play on switch is Square Enix games, especially with the final fantasy back catalogue being entirely on it.

I've been pretty lucky with these acqusitions so far, i've cared about literally nothing that's changed hands so far, lol

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
xbox gets skipped on almost every shooter this generation. 🤷‍♂️

-Cotton Reboot Switch/PS4
-Cotton Fantasy Switch/PS4
-Cotton 16 bit Tribute Switch/PS4
-Cotton Saturn tribute Switch/PS4
-Pocky and Rocky: Reshrined Switch/PS4
-Esp.Ra.De Switch/PS4
-Hishou Same! Same! Same! Switch/PS4
-Tiger Heli Collection Switch/PS4
-Aleste Collection Switch/PS4
-Darius Cozmic Collection Switch/PS4
-Darius Cozmic Revelation Switch/PS4
-Psyvariar Delta Switch/PS4
-Rolling Gunner Switch/PS4
-Ketsui: Dethtiny PS4
-Natsuki Chronicle PS4
-Ginga Force PS4
-Espgaluda II Switch
-Mushihimesama Switch
-DoDonPachi Resurection Switch
-Danmaku Unlimited 3 Switch

not looking too good right now for xbox, these would have all been defacto Xbox exclusives in the 360 era.
With the recent additions of Deathsmiles 1 and 2 and multiple Strikers games I already have more than enough shumups to play on Xbox. There will always be titles on one platform that aren't on another. If worst comes to worst I can always use my PS5 as well. After the Japanese support the X1 received this generation is already looking significantly better on the Xbox platform. Nothing really to be too upset about at all.

EDMIX

hell yeah, i'd be pissed lol. most of what i play on switch is Square Enix games, especially with the final fantasy back catalogue being entirely on it.

I've been pretty lucky with these acqusitions so far, i've cared about literally nothing that's changed hands so far, lol

To be fair, after seeing how Sony is treating the Bungie deal, for all we know they continue to support Switch with those titles and have them on PC and PS too or something.

I don't think it will mean no titles will be on Switch, simply that they will be on PC and PS too or something. I think its hard to play JRPGs and not have the Nintendo PS combo lol It just has sooooo much JRPGs.

Bomb squad

FACCCCCTS!!!!

We are just sitting back and waiting for them reveals at this point.

Reactions: Kokoloko