Take Two Will Not Be Putting It's New Games On Gamepass

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Crazy there are people all over xbox sites demanding GTA6 on gamepass day one or they wont play. Hell they are celebrating the crash games being added when they could just be bought for half a month of gamepass pricing

OP
OP
A

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
So like most AAA games then.
I don't know if you've noticed but any half way descent AAA games take forever to hit these subscription services even 1st party on the PlayStation side of things. Heck we still have not had Sekeru on Plus and that game came out years ago on PS4. I'm going to drop down to the Essentials tier on my Plus because the industry does not produce enough AAA 3rd party to make subscribing worth it.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Zelnick says he expects that including day-one releases on a subscription service will "push consumers to that subscription service for at least a period of time".

However, he goes on to say that Microsoft's decision to include games like Call of Duty on Game Pass on day one "won't affect [Take-Two's] decisions" because the publisher's decisions are "rational".

Zelnick's stance echoes comments he made back in 2022, when he said that including day-one AAA releases on a subscription service "doesn't make any sense to [Take-Two]" because he thinks it represents "turn[ing] our business upside down in a way that doesn't make sense economically".

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The same company that put GTA on PS Plus and Game Pass and demolished Private Division?
Doesn't affect sales of a 11 year old game since the people who are on PS+ more than likely are have GTA 5 and are already playing GTA Online since it was even given out free on PS5 for awhile.

GTA 5 keeps selling because of people upgrading from older gen and but wanna continue playing the best version

Reactions: KvallyX

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Oh, I'm sure Chris Dring, Jason Schreier, Takashi, etc. will wrote multiple essays explaining how Strauss is "very wrong" and GP "is saving the industry", lmao.
The salt containment doors are being breached!

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
I guess all we have to do is wait and see what happens when cod comes day 1 to gamepass.

Qurat

13 May 2024
scrubwiki.com
It's 'irrational' to add Call of Duty Day 1 to Game Pass?" (Note: This is not my opinion, but rather that of Take Two's CEO, who was asked about Xbox and CoD Day 1 on Game Pass during a shareholder call.)

"No, it won't affect our decisions. Because our decisions are rational."

The Take Two CEO, Strauss Zelnick's response suggests that including Call of Duty in Game Pass on its launch day would not influence the company's decisions, as they make decisions based on rationality rather than emotions or personal opinions.

It's important to note that including such an important title as Call of Duty in Game Pass on its launch day could have significant implications for the company's sales and distribution strategy. However, Zelnick seems to trust that their decisions are based on an objective evaluation of data and the market, rather than emotional or personal concerns.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
They released the same game on PS3, PS4 and PS5. Their history proved they don't devalue their games. Remasters of old games is a different story.

Reactions: Qurat

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I guess all we have to do is wait and see what happens when cod comes day 1 to gamepass.
I think it's more of what happens in early 2025. CoD will sell well at launch but the wheels coming off on legs will be the talking point.

People will try it and numbers will not reflect the true repeat user or those who stay longer term. This is the beginning of the fall of CoD as a sales behemoth. It won't lose money but it will condition one console audience to not buy CoD.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
What new games??? LOL. Rockstar releases one game a decade, two if we're very lucky and other than the sports games, what else do they even have? Still waiting on a new Mafia game. It's only been 8 years. Still waiting to see Borderlands 4 which is only soon to be 5 years and Wonderlands 2 which okay, just past 2 years. Seriously, they barely release anything. It's mostly sports games with other games being here and there.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
So, what's your point then, other than being contrarian?
Most AAA games don’t hit subscription services day one. Unless of course it’s the publishers own game.

And they most likely never will. But people can keep dreaming they will if they want to I guess.

That work for you?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AllBizness