Take-Two's Q4 brings higher sales, deeper losses

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Also Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick expects mid-generation console upgrades like PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, but doesn't expect them to impact the business much

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reactions: Bryank75

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Wishful thinking from take 2 so they can push more unoptimized code. Next gen is barely starting ffs...

Also Xbox "XL"... I wouldn't use that name knowing that America is Xbox primary market. Might hurt some feelings.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Trashy clickbait article from a trashy clickbait website. Though, yeah, I agree with Strauss, seems likely that at least Xbox will get an update at some point, since they are specifically in favor of not having generations anymore.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
I’m against this 100% due to the fact that we were in a damn pandemic, these consoles were extremely hard to come by, it took 3 years for the supply to go back to normal. But hey fuck it let’s release a Pro version when we haven’t even started this current generation properly and we are still working on last generation versions.

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
"I hate upgrades, I should move to PC"

Who do you guys think you are fooling? Anyone that get's mad over upgrades for products that last 8+ years would have a really hard time playing on PC.

PS5 Pro is going to happen, move to PC now then, what are you waiting for?

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
They don't have to release a "pro" version. We only have a handful of "next gen" games, none of them are really impressive or use the full potential of the console.
Why is it bad for them to cater for those who do want a Pro console? Your OG PS5 isn't going to suddenly become obsolete, and developers aren't going to become lazier and lt push optimise PS5 games when PS5 Pro releases.

Last edited:

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Why is it bad for them to cater for those who do want a Pro console? You're OG PS5 isn't going to suddenly become obsolete, and developers aren't going to become lazier and lt push optimise PS5 games when PS5 Pro releases.

Maybe you are right, I don't know. Playstation 5 is the first one I own, but the cynical in my expect games to be less optimized for the normal version one the pro comes out in order to force consumers to buy the new version. What happened with games on ps4 when they released the pro version?

Reactions: Hezekiah

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What happened with games on ps4 when they released the pro version?

They kept the same standard as before, since the Pro consoles were never the development target. One such example is The Last of Us Part 2, which is beautifully optimized for the PS4 and is one of the best looking games of all time - On the Pro, it has a resolution bump.

There's a handful of games that may have slightly better LOD or a couple more strands of grass, but bar resolution / framerate, the Pro consoles are absolutely inconsequential.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
They kept the same standard as before, since the Pro consoles were never the development target. One such example is The Last of Us Part 2, which is beautifully optimized for the PS4 and is one of the best looking games of all time - On the Pro, it has a resolution bump.

There's a handful of games that may have slightly better LOD or a couple more strands of grass, but bar resolution / framerate, the Pro consoles are absolutely inconsequential.

Thanks, that calms me down haha. As long as framerate are smooth in both versions I don't mind. I always play in performance mode. Coming from PC I don't care how beautiful a game is, 30 fps is sadly too noticeable for me at this point.

• Shake
Reactions: Satoru