Tango Gameworks has been acquired by Krafton Inc. (PUBG), as well as Hi-Fi Rush IP

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

2AMrM8V5VfZFcNekiBtibN-970-80.jpg.webp

• A few months ago, Microsoft announced plans to close Xbox studio Tango Gameworks, its only Japanese-based team, as part of a round of cost cutting measures.
  • Tango Gameworks was known for titles like Ghostwire Tokyo and The Evil Within, as well as recent break-out hit Hi-Fi Rush.
  • Krafton Inc. publishes mega-franchise battle royale PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and has been expanding to other regions and exploring new game franchises as of late.
  • Krafton Inc. announced today that it has acquired Tango Gameworks as well as the Hi-Fi Rush IP, saving the team from closure.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It be such a stab if HIFI Rush 2 don’t come out on Xbox & not only is it a GOTY contender like the first game but because it isn’t on gamepass it’s actually successful launching on PS & Nintendo. Aswell as making a HIFI anime

Reactions: Shadow2027

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I'm really happy for Tango. After all that talk about valuing the Japanese market, a Japanese studio was one of the first shut down. I expect stupid decisions from Phil at this point, but it's good that Tango is no longer having to pay the price for that. I just wish they'd been able to get away with all their IP. There's no way MS will do anything interesting or relevant with The Evil Within. It's pretty much dead now, same as Ghostwire.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I mean the brand is still there but not all the talent remains. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. If they cut a deal with Xbox again then they truly desverved what happened to them.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Great news. I didn't expect it at all, I thought MS killed the studio so it was too late to acquire it.