Team Ninja bloomed after Tomomobu Itagaki left the Studio

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Team Ninja never come go overthrow their niche in the Xbox 360|PS3 era. A point that falls into my eyes is that Itagaki was obsessed with Microsoft. Be it Ninja Gaiden or Dead or Alive, we're in the beginning stuck at Xbox. This is actually what hindered Team Ninja from achieving greater success. But it changed somewhere in the middle, when Team Ninja released a different version of Ninja Gaiden: Sigma. Ninja Gaiden Sigma was the start of long-term successful relationship with Sony. Later on, PlayStation worked out a partnership for new genre defining games. Team Ninja embraced Sony's engagement, and so we seem the first successful game made in collaboration: Nioh. Nioh is filled with Nostalgia, it captures different elements from various past games. The biggest influence we have seen there is undoubtedly the tracks of Onimusha. You could call it at one point spiritual successor. It combines strengthens of Onimusha and the beloved Souls-like mechanics. Later on, we were also lucky enough to receive another sequel to it. Which is definitely an enhancement and worth giving it a try. But we were surprised with a Square Enix and Team Ninja Collab, too. At this point, Final Fantasy Origin: Strangers of Paradise is an unsung hero of a game. It's loaded with Team Ninja's passion but also with core elements of the beloved flagship franchise Final Fantasy. This was not the end of the line. We have seen two further excellent titles: Wo Long and Rise of the Ronin. Both of them are great experiences. Wo Long unified elements of Sekiro paired with Team Ninja own ideology. Combat was fast-paced and laid on parrying. It's a challenging but most of all fun experience. Rise of the Ronin seems to be loved despite all the critics it received.

It's a new evolution and combines the whole creativity of Team Ninjas so far created masterpieces.
My point is that Itagaki had a weird obsession with Microsoft, which was overall the obstacle preventing Team Ninja from evolving. I am genuinely looking forward to Sony's partnership with Team Ninja and how it will further unfold. We can say with a safety, that we will see a Nioh 3 in the future.