'Tears of the Kingdom', 'Breath of the Wild' - make up your own Zelda sub-title!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Is it just me or do Zelda subtitles seem more and more abstract... a few random words thrown together in an attempt to sound poetic and mysterious.

To inspire a sense of wonder and emotion.

Well.... in this thread I would like to invite you to create your own Zelda sounding sub-title.... to evoke anything you want.

Legend of Zelda: Tang of the hot-sauce

Legend of Zelda: Field of dreams (may be sued for that)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the skyward dragon

Mine are crap.... so you come up with some to make me look bad!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW we are out with so many bots crying about MS that Zelda title fits perfectly.

Microsoft: Tears of the Xbox

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Now that you say it I never stopped to wonder what Breath Of The Wild even means? Is it a bad Japanese translation?
It is named in the sense the world is alive… breathing… so breath of the wild (world).

That is the key change presented in that Zelda… that changed how Open World is done in the industry… basically in Zelda was the first time you actually had a open world and not the faked/limited open world attempts in the others games.

You need to play it to understand imo.
Reading or watching others won’t give the experience of how free your were that world and how you can do anything and go anywhere.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW Tears of Kingdom already set that something bad or sad will happen that will affect the whole Kingdom… so the tears.

Nintendo confirmed that the tears refers to crying.

Zelda is moving to me more emotional tone for the first time (maybe due the success of more emotional stories like TLOU?).

PS. You can say anything about Nintendo but their own series of games are fantastics.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters