Tekken 8 Review Thread and |OT| "Fists Meets Fate" (will update as reviews come in)

What do you think it will score?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 81-90

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 91-100

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1705751604180.png
Tekken 8 (Japanese: 鉄拳8) is an upcoming fighting game co-developed by Bandai Namco Studios and Arika and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.[1] The eighth main and tenth overall installment in the Tekken series, the game is set to be released on January 26, 2024 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and Windows.

Story:

Set six months after the events of Tekken 7, the game will focus on the final confrontation between father and son Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama, the latter of whom wants to kill the former to end the chaos from their lineage.

Characters:

There are a total of 32 playable characters (including 1 palette swap and 1 Heat transformation exclusive form) announced for the base roster of the game. Currently, the first season of DLC pass will have four characters.[3]

New characters​

• Azucena Milagros Ortiz Castillo: A fearless happy-go-lucky Peruvian mixed martial artist and daughter of a coffee company owner.
  • Jack-8: The latest and upgraded Jack model, with a new voice and look.
  • Reina: A purple-clad Japanese teenager who studies at Mishima Polytechnic. She has mysterious connections to the Mishima clan, and practices Mishima Style Karate, in addition to Taidō.
  • Victor Chevalier: A legendary war veteran Admiral and United Nations super spy from a royal French knight lineage, and the founding grandmaster of Raven Unit with the codename of "Phantom Raven" but he chooses not to use it. He is a close quarters battler who wields both knife and karambit for his default combat, and a technology which grants him a teleportation ability, and enhances his weaponized pistol, grenades and a sheathed katana called "Take-Ikazuchi".

Returning charactersedit

Trailers:

Previews:

Reviews:

1706023107019.png

1706022737221.png

Noisy Pixel
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken 8 is a masterpiece of a video game, fighting game, or otherwise. It isn't even a question of being a fighting game purist, as this is a title that needs to be part of any gamer's library, irrespective of skill level or genre preferences. Tekken games were always about the thrill of combat and discovery, with a memorable graphical and musical presentation and a larger-than-life story mode starring some of the most iconic characters. Tekken 8 is the kind of game designed for heavy mileage, a game that's easy to come back to time and time again for years to come.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Hardcore Gamer
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken 8 is a bold direction in the fighter genre that ultimately leads to it being one of the greatest fighting games of all time. The amount of content that Bandai Namco is offering here is more than ever before seen in a fighting game.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PlayStation Universe
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken 8 is a fantastic entry in the long-running franchise and a fitting celebration of its 30-year history. With a varied roster packed with unique move sets, the addition of the Heat system and recoverable health gauge, plus a huge variety of modes, Tekken 8 is unmissable for both newcomers and fans alike.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PSX Brasil
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken 8 is a natural evolution of a fantastic series. The online finally has a very well implemented rollback netcode. The cinematic story mode is well made and has an interesting plot. Other modes such as Tekken Ball and Arcade Quest help with the title's longevity. But the point that matters most, which is the gameplay, continues to please veterans and newcomers alike - but only time will tell if the Heat System will be well accepted by the majority of players.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

while the focus on new players should help convince even your most resistant friends to duel with you.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Digitally Downloaded
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken 8 is, without a doubt, a highly polished gemstone of a fighting game, and it offers players the opportunity to demonstrate some truly elite skills through the aggressive, offensive-first focus on the combat system. But outside of the overly serious, hardcore fighting game community, it’s difficult to see this capturing the imagination of many. A lack of humour, creativity, narrative and personality makes it clear that Bandai Namco’s only real interest was making sure that no one was offended by the game and therefore it will be the headline act at fighting game tournaments for years to come. Luckily for the developers, they hit the brief and it almost certainly will be exactly that game.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Areajugones
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken is back at full force with a very solid eight entry. This next step for the franchise is full of content that resonates with Tekken's own historic legacy. Whether it is the amazing character design, both visually and mechanically, as well as through its many family dramas, Tekken 8 just knows how to do it all. The Iron Fist Tournament is definitely as good as ever.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GamesBeat
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken 8 is a robust package that features some of the most satisfying digital fisticuffs I’ve ever seen.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Gamer.no
JAN 22, 2024
With extremely rewarding combat, a plethora of fun characters, polished graphics and the series' most ambitious story to date, Tekken 8 manages to stand out as one of the most engaging fighting games of all time.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GAMES.CH
JAN 22, 2024
Thanks to the brand new heat system, Tekken 8 impresses with even more heated and aggressive duels and thus hits exactly the right mark. Tekken has simply never played so well. A fantastic start to the video game year 2024 for all fighting game fans.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

IGN Benelux
JAN 22, 2024
Tekken 8 is an improvement over Tekken 7 in many ways. Although the main story is not very long, it is told and portrayed much better than in the previous installment. The game is a feast for the eyes thanks to Unreal Engine 5. Tekken 8 also plays very smoothly and both a beginner and a veteran will have a great time due to the large amount of content. Everyone can improve and learn thanks to the Special Style and the Heat System provide new dynamics and ways to play Tekken 8.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Tekken is only a few days away so what do you think it will score? I think it will get around an 86.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
High eighties. I don’t think Tekken 8 can reach the same MC as Street Fighter 6. SF6 not only made incredible strides in accessibility and being newcomer friendly but it was also one of the most feature rich fighting games to date. I’m not sure Arcade mode can stack up to World Tour. Not to mention Tekken is still one of the hardest fighting games to master.

That said, Tekken 8 has a lot going for it and the visuals and story seems insane so I’m pretty confident it’s gonna be much higher than 7.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
High eighties. I don’t think Tekken 8 can reach the same MC as Street Fighter 6. SF6 not only made incredible strides in accessibility and being newcomer friendly but it was also one of the most feature rich fighting games to date. I’m not sure Arcade mode can stack up to World Tour. Not to mention Tekken is still one of the hardest fighting games to master.

That said, Tekken 8 has a lot going for it and the visuals and story seems insane so I’m pretty confident it’s gonna be much higher than 7.

Hey you just one point over one but I agree. I think it's going to be great though and might surprise us!

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Tekken is only a few days away so what do you think it will score? I think it will get around an 86.
All I know is Tekken 8 will be complete package Tekken ala T5-TTT2, one of the top 3 Fighting Games this year(the other two being GBFV Rising and SF6), and surely will be better than shit MK1 😂.

Reactions: pop
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
All I know is Tekken 8 will be complete package Tekken ala T5-TTT2, one of the top 3 Fighting Games this year(the other two being GBFV Rising and SF6), and surely will be better than shit MK1 😂.
Any fight stick recommendations? Too many gd fighting games coming out lately for me not to have one. My PS4 one was not compatible

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Hey you just one point over one but I agree. I think it's going to be great though and might surprise us!

Lol my guess is between 86-88. I do also think it’s gonna be great. They’re really cooking with this game. They brought back Tekken Ball so it’s automatically 10/10

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Well, more mods from Tekken 8 to FF7 Remake in the upcoming weeks :D
Why is this guy still here trolling? We can't have ppl on the forum like this.

i need Marduk releases

Last edited by a moderator:

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Looks like this game is legit ?? 91 MC score

Reactions: Bryank75