Tell us which gamedev studio you respect the most.

Which of these game development studios do you respect the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Whether it's due to their work ethics, outcome, or publicly stated views on a variety of subjects, which of these studios do you deem most worthy of your respect as a gamer?

Don't just click "vote". Please ellaborate.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
It's hard not to love what Larian do and how they do it for obvious reasons, but in terms of sheer respect it's Hello Games.

• Heart
Reactions: Old Gamer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Bungie has transformed the console industry three times over already (halo, launching online for consoles and destiny) so it’s easy amongst those. For consistency and constant upwards momentum I would’ve picked From Software if available.

And that pretty sums up my favorites. Kojima and co. is up there too.

OP
OP
Old Gamer

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Heh, sorry for the omissions guys (and gals), but I hit the poll choices limit. :(

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Ryu Ga Gotoku

They release amazing massive games almost on a yearly basis. I don’t care that they reuse maps and assets, all of their games in recent years have been 9/10 or better. Beautiful graphics, great gameplay, and the best characters and writing in the industry 😎

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
Well I love PlayStation Studios. They have both quality and quantity.

For third party, CD Projekt Red. Okay, Cyberpunk 1.0 on consoles was a disaster but they still managed to make it one of the best games ever made after 3 years. If they followed early access approach like Larian, Cyberpunk could be a GOTY. I love Larian and Kojima too.

Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Well I love PlayStation Studios. They have both quality and quantity.

For third party, CD Projekt Red. Okay, Cyberpunk 1.0 on consoles was a disaster but they still managed to make it one of the best games ever made after 3 years. If they followed early access approach like Larian, Cyberpunk could be a GOTY. I love Larian and Kojima too.

Yup CDPR is fantastic. Haters can hate but they make some truly immersive worlds and narratives.

And just when CDPR dethrones Bethesda … Larian comes it and gives em both a run.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
At this point the dev I respect the most is Larian easily.

Arrowhead really impressed my with Helldivers 2.

From Software, Team Asobi, Valve, Naughty Dog, P-Studio, these are some of my favorites out there.

I have plenty of respect for Rockstar despite how greedy they are, the production value on their games is just insane.

Capcom, Nintendo and Square Enix also seem to have some great studios given that they regularly put out some bangers.

Bungie has transformed the console industry three times over already (halo, launching online for consoles and destiny) so it’s easy amongst those.
Vomit Barf GIF

Cursed post, please, ban this man.

Last edited:

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
All bad choices for me personally, No Sony Santa Monica, CBU 1 of Square Enix on the list. Of these Sucker Punch is the best I guess with remedy being the worst

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Capcom (I didn't vote because isn't there), even if it's a publisher with multiple gamedev studios.

If I had to choose between the ones in the list, in the past I'd have chosen Naughty Dog or Insomniac, but since they started with their ideological/religious propaganda bullshit to the point they have been replacing their iconic male characters I'm out.

If I had to choose now between the ones in the list, I'd say Arrowhead so far due to their views on things like how to address things like the GaaS focus (even if this may have been a Sony thing) allowing to unlock everytihng without needing to pay or grinding like a motherfucker to get some decent reward, not including P2W, making the game very rewarding and fun, avoiding frustration or toxicity coming from competitive modes, introducing satire, etc. Plus also it's cool to see their CEO being that open in Twitter.

Or Hello Games, because being so insanely ambitious with a game they made with mainly a dozen people, they managed to -even if later than expected by most- go beyond these expectations and kept adding a ton of awesome stuff even many years beyond release adressing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
FromSoft. They have had amazing games since Demons Souls.
Ill put in ND in there too since Uncharted 2

Insomniac when it comes to producing games in there timeframe

Quality wise. ND, Santa Monica, Kojima, Insomniac.

They all deserve to be in that list apart from Respawn, those Star Wars games are mid

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Among the listed choices? Larian. Among everyone out there? Probably Nintendo's EPD 5, who do Animal Crossing and Splatoon. Although "respect" is a funny word and teams like Insomniac that pump out titles, Sumo Digital, who do lots of gruntwork and the various CoD studios who just treat it as a job all deserve their own kind of respect.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Listing Capcom as a whole lumps a whole bunch of different teams into it. I adore Capcom and they’re firing on all cylinders mostly (exoprimal). At that point which Capcom studio is best?

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I might go with From Software, i know it is not on the list but i think they are an incredible studio.

That's my pick too. They just work hard and put out great games for us to enjoy - no drama, no fuss. As well, so many devs are going too hard in the direction of tutorials and hand-holding. I really appreciate developers who understand that many people like figuring things out on their own or with the community surrounding the games. And challenging games are always welcome to me.

From the list provided, I voted Larian. I like their stance on physical media and their attitude towards making games.

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw