Tell us which gamedev studio you respect the most.

Which of these game development studios do you respect the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
'challenging games are always welcome to me.' play everything on the hardest difficulty then 🤷🏻‍♂️ nothing wrong with letting people that aren't great on games enjoy them lol

Reactions: Puff

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
'challenging games are always welcome to me.' play everything on the hardest difficulty then 🤷🏻‍♂️ nothing wrong with letting people that aren't great on games enjoy them lol

Stating a preference I have which aligns with the developer I'm talking about isn't stating anything about "letting" other people enjoy games who aren't great at them. I'm speaking for myself and only for myself.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Okay but you don't agree that games should have difficulty options ?
Not all. Souls games exist for a reason.
Most of us grew up with impossible to be beat games, souls games aren't that hard. Imagine having 3 healths and perma death on 10h, 15h long game and harder than souls game.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Okay but you don't agree that games should have difficulty options ?

If developers want to put in difficulty options, they should. If they don't want to, then that's absolutely okay. They choose how they design their game, we choose whether their decision appeals to us and if we want to buy their game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
If developers want to put in difficulty options, they should. If they don't want to, then that's absolutely okay. They choose how they design their game, we choose whether their decision appeals to us and if we want to buy their game.
So would you buy a game that includes a difficult option you keep sidestepping lol

• brain
Reactions: laynelane

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
So would you buy a game that includes a difficult option you keep sidestepping lol

Sidestepping? I've been replying to you sincerely. If you want to know something, just ask directly like you just did. I have games with difficulty options and I have no issue with that.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
So why didn't you just say that in the first place because you sound like one of those git gud broa

You sound like you're trying to have an issue with me over something I never said. "Challenging games are always welcome to me" somehow went to "git gud broa" in your head.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I'm not trying to have an issue with anyone that's just what your comment sounded like

So, the reason I put "to me" in that statement was to make it absolutely clear that, when it comes to Fromsoft games, I like that their games are challenging. At no point did I mock anyone else for not liking what I do or anything even remotely like that. Yet that is what you took from it. I long ago accepted that different people have different tastes and see no value in belittling others who do not share mine.

Reactions: KvallyX
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
So, the reason I put "to me" in that statement was to make it absolutely clear that, when it comes to Fromsoft games, I like that their games are challenging. At no point did I mock anyone else for not liking what I do or anything even remotely like that. Yet that is what you took from it. I long ago accepted that different people have different tastes and see no value in belittling others who do not share mine.
Bruh that's fine no need to go on a rant all you needed to say was I was like that games have difficulty options but you decided to take offence lol

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Insomniac, loved the Ps2 Ratchet games and their output has always been really good. I love that they constantly have new ideas

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
There is only 1 dev worthy of respect and its Harada. The rest are bitches.