''That's Right... I now own WCW!'' (Armchair Owner Redux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
No explanations needed, you're installed as surprise new owner of BLANK company. You can affect changes throughout the company from you-on-down, hirings, firings, overhauls, etc. So... how would you run things given complete control?

Let's hear you guys/gals, from any time period of gaming history. Concept mock-up images welcome too.

For starters:

SONY PORTABILITY:
PSP/PSVita, PS App/PS Remote Play...

I HATE being chained to my TV in the living room. Especially at night if I'm tired, but wanting to play more. It's a whole "thing", and I'm always trying different things-out as so-called solutions. Currently, I have a G-Story TV lid attached to my PS5, so the console itself becomes somewhat ''portable''. I Remote Play play on living room TV and when tired I go play upstairs in bed on the TV screen lid. Or if I'm based somewhere else around the house or have to leave my own house, the console itself is a self-contained ''portable'', no TV needed. It "works-out"... but isn't an elegant solution for sure...

h23HbeI.jpg

Granted, we have PS Remote Play app on laptops, and phones, but who really wants to carry a PS controller and laptop around; or a PS controller and a clip-on-attachment alongside their smartphone? It is my eternal frustration that MS seems to have capitalized on Sony's initial vision and half-steps. Tortoise and the Hare? Sony even scaled-back PSNow interation when they redid the PStore for post PS3 era, so no longer could PSNow be accessed from a broader list of devices such as Tablets and TVs etc. Now, with Xbox putting an XCloud/GP app on TV's, they have further solved the issue of not needing XB hardware, any TV screen becomes an XC/GP station, you don't even need a laptop to run Remote Play software on.
  • There's still a market for a dedicated handheld device, I think, so long as it's form factor is comfortable, stylish, and has all the needed buttons.

• Allow it to work over mobile data/not just the same wifi network as console. Use a standard, non overpriced storage medium. Basically, just don't kneecap the thing right before the race begins.

• Like Vita, and new PS App, allow it to voice chat with players.

• L2/R2 and LS/RS pressable buttons included. This allows for 1:1 input for remote playing PS4/PS5 games.

• WILD idea: Though I wouldn't still be pushing PS4/cross-gen game development myself as this point in time as a general matter of course for newly developed titles... if I was forced to do it or took over operations today when SONY have already committed to it; I'd find a way to make a PORTABLE PS4.

"PSP... PSP GO... PSVita... The 4th PSP... is a Portable PS4!"

• Compliment the new Portable hardware by also having TV Apps for PS App and PS Remote Play apps from mobile devices. Oh... and something like this...

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
Shorter answers from me, as I just have some simple desires:

Sony: Stop with the multiplatform stuff. If it happens five years later, I don’t care, but it feels like it’s creeping up more and more. I want exclusives made for Playstation that stay that way a generation, and I think this makes the platform more appealing.

Microsoft: Fire everyone useless on the Halo team. Excise all the corporateness to a realistic level and bring back that original Xbox disruptor/gamer first feel.

Nintendo: A console box for playing Switch games. Can play in 4K easily. Would be a complement to the Switch for those who want to pay a bit more and have a great visual presentation on the TV.

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
SONY PORTABILITY: Part 2

These are going to be more muddled as I'm just writing free-form, and am stoned. So... yeah. That's probably a good baseline to take my posts with, I usually don't mean to offend people. I don't mind a good debate, or being made more knowledgeable, even if end result can sometimes be stalemate, i see what you're saying, but I still hold this opinion despite reasons, but I can now appreciate a broader context. And it's always interesting to see people's differing approaches/strategies blah blah blah etc.
  • I'd bring more integration to Sony's products, and lean hard into PS branding. I see things like people hacking Windows 11 onto a Surface Duo dual screen phone, and look across the way at Wii Mode, or Sony's curated 'half XMB' mode through PSNow. I'd like a new PSP. I'd love it even more if it took a page out of Switch's book and shared most the same game library with big brother consoles. But if not a dedicated handheld, you're not telling me they can't market Sony's phones as PS companion devices easier. Xperia's started as the Xperia Play, afterall. Be a little tounge in cheek, bridge the gap between PS, Xperia and PSX, make it "the phone" for linking back into PS console ecosystem. You already impliment half-measures like backing-up PS5 captures to the android PS App (one thing my PS4 friend is pissed he doesn't have yet, slowly convincing him of the features he's missing-out on. Or the load time improvements, even for older gen games).

• Give us a digital only stripped-down PS4 OS app for our phones, simillar to Remote Play app but more integrated, and still access to Remote Play & PSNow/PS+ streaming apps for managing space on phone (though, dependant on which games installed or phone capacity, mine's an android Surface Duo with 256GB internal space, plus option for SDC ontop...?). Or make a Sony approved shell to sit phones in that feels right, isn't cheaply made or shaped wrong due to copyright infrigements. At least trial it and see if the market is there. You can rebrand the hobbled vita as the vitatv and fart around with a tv service, but you can't better serve your own marketing and brand street cred? Don't play at being Apple, let's actually get the products/services up to snuff and cover all bases. There should be seemless integration if I'm playing across a TV, tablet, handheld, home console, on the controller's screen etc. Or at least as close-as the specs of each the device allow-for. If Sony are requiring weekly check-in to manage PS+ streaming liscenses, can we not get an offline mode for downloaded PS+ games, or installed games to the phone mini PS4 OS? Options are always nice to have.

• I'm tired, more later...

Status
Not open for further replies.