The dual sense controller is an attempt to bring back the boomerang controller design

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The ds5 is the child of previous ps controllers and the boomerang.

Boomerang
UbMbX9u6ZWRXDZvxVLmiTe-970-80.jpg.webp

Dual sense
6pMTU6xyfPzuBVSJQxYGy-970-80.jpg.webp

I think this is pretty clear, Sony are trying to weasel back the boomerang design back on to us.

The ps6 will release with a boomerang controller, but with a different color scheme.

Mark my word!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'd like the dualsense 6 to have the touchpads on the grips instead of centrally. They already have capacitive touch sensors on the PSVR2 controllers so I know they can do it. I think it can revolutionize controllers into being able to aim as accurately as mouse users without using a gimmick like gyro aiming.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I wouldn't worry much about Sony in this department. It's Nintendo who takes the biggest risks, for good and bad (N64/Gamecube).

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
LOL, no. It's an evolution of the DS4, continuing in its estabilished direction and copying the few good aspects of the Xbox controller.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Talking of controllers...

I can't believe the touch pad hasn't been split into more buttons, as the left and right side usually just replicate select and start for pre-PS4 games. And usually just bring up map screen.

More out there, I suppose, but I also kinda want a little screen on there, flanked by two touchscreen sides to keep that touchpad functionality intact.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Oh, I do not think so, the design is not ergonomic and it is more of circa 2000s designs. The only thing they have in common is the theme, spaceship inspiration.

interesting does that acts like a vibrator too? asking for a friend.

OP
OP
Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
LOL, no. It's an evolution of the DS4, continuing in its estabilished direction and copying the few good aspects of the Xbox controller.
I should have put the picture of the ds4 at the top.

When the ds5 and ds4 are put aside the boomerang you can see that the ds5 is an in-between.

Ds4 is still the best looking ps controller ever made, and the Xbox controllers are ripoff of Sony's dual stick controllers from the ps1 days... They just moved up the left thumb stick, strapped on their logo, called it a day, then claimed that they (MS) invented gaming controllers, and there is a group of people who still believe them.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
I don't care if it looks like the Dream cast controller. As long as I can still feel raindrops in Ghostwire Tokyo and lose my shit I'm happy. Best controller ever. Minus battery life but who cares.

Reactions: Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't care if it looks like the Dream cast controller. As long as I can still feel raindrops in Ghostwire Tokyo and lose my shit I'm happy. Best controller ever. Minus battery life but who cares.

The dreamcast controller was an abomination to be fair 😂 only surpassed by the aforementioned prototype for the boomerang and the N64 controller. The Dualsense is great, I agree.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I should have put the picture of the ds4 at the top.

When the ds5 and ds4 are put aside the boomerang you can see that the ds5 is an in-between.

Ds4 is still the best looking ps controller ever made, and the Xbox controllers are ripoff of Sony's dual stick controllers from the ps1 days... They just moved up the left thumb stick, strapped on their logo, called it a day, then claimed that they (MS) invented gaming controllers, and there is a group of people who still believe them.
You get some really potent hallucinogens in your part of the world, don’t you?