The Elder Scrolls VI isn’t coming until at least 2026, skipping PS5

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
A document released as part of the FTC v. Microsoft case confirms what was long expected: The Elder Scrolls VI isn’t going to launch for a few years, and it isn’t coming to PlayStation. According to the new chart, which Microsoft produced for the FTC, the next Elder Scrolls game isn’t expected to launch until at least 2026 — something a Microsoft lawyer also mentioned in the court case. And much like Bethesda’s most recent games — Starfield and Redfall — it’ll be available on both PC and Xbox when it does launch.

In a statement about exclusivity attached to The Elder Scrolls VI section of the chart, which comes from an interview with Xbox head Phil Spencer in GQ, Spencer said,

“In order to be on Xbox, I want us to be able to bring the full complete package of what we have. And that would be true when I think about Elder Scrolls VI.”

A document on Xbox game exclusivity.

Image: US Courts

• Informative
Reactions: laynelane

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Pretend to be shocked.

I was hopping to Starfield flop at shocking levels in sales to force MS to review these instances but that is what it is.
The chances for a PS5 version of future titles are near 0.

Reactions: toadsage44

Banana

10 Jan 2023
So another lie of Phil exposed.... he did say that it wasn't decided yet fairly recently.

Basically these studios were bought for the sole purpose of denying the PlayStation userbase access to them.

THAT is the definition of anti-consumer.
Xbox will fail soon, don't worry.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Only on Xbox TES6 ill never reach Skyrim numbers goodluck phil

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Pretend to be shocked.

I was hopping to Starfield flop at shocking levels in sales to force MS to review these instances but that is what it is.
The chances for a PS5 version of future titles are near 0.

No way Todd Howard and Pete Hines like being robbed of actual revenues with this gamespass bullshit.

I’m predicting a fallout at Bethesda post Starfield launch… fucking puns 🤬… anyway they’re gonna get some form of the 343 treatment when they can’t produce due to Xbox’s trash gamepass model killing every studio they own.

Reactions: ethomaz

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
No way Todd Howard and Pete Hines like being robbed of actual revenues with this gamespass bullshit.

I’m predicting a fallout at Bethesda post Starfield launch… fucking puns 🤬… anyway they’re gonna get some form of the 343 treatment when they can’t produce due to Xbox’s trash gamepass model killing every studio they own.
They can always pivot away from day and date Triple A games on game pass if it isnt sustainable

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

That was what I expected... a shake up in the high execs.
But I don't think Starfield results are bad enough to that happen.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Italian Puppet GIF by Madman Films

and, and, and I told them: " I haven't decided TES6 was going to be an Xbox exclusive because I care about the gamers, I am a firm believer that games should be everywhere. But that bully Jim Ryan started to laugh at me and smacked my ass and, and, and he said:

In this town I only grow when you get smaller.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Once beth was bought im sure jim and sie ended all communication with the beth teams that port games over to PS. They knew what was up.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Italian Puppet GIF by Madman Films

and, and, and I told them: " I haven't decided TES6 was going to be an Xbox exclusive because I care about the gamers, I am a firm believer that games should be everywhere. But that bully Jim Ryan started to laugh at me and smacked my ass and, and, and he said:

In this town I only grow when you get smaller.

I am surprised Phil Spencer keep the job this long.

To be fair if he killed off the Shitbox, hero of gaming, true hero of gamers, CEO of games title will be became his.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I am surprised Phil Spencer keep the job this long.

To be fair if he killed off the Shitbox, hero of gaming, true hero of gamers, CEO of games title will be became his.
is because no one wants the job. And MS sees gaming with disdain.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Once beth was bought im sure jim and sie ended all communication with the beth teams that port games over to PS. They knew what was up.
They need to open those communications back up because I want Skyrim and Fallout 4 ports for PSVR2 😭