‘The First Descendant’ Is Using Barely-Changed ‘Destiny 2’ Icons

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
960x0.png

960x0.jpg

960x0.jpg

In this case, you can see that there are tiny tweaks to almost all of them, a “copy my homework without making it look like you copied it” type situation, but it’s pretty clear that if these weren’t flat-out taken from Destiny they were copied almost exactly with those small additions or subtractions added.

960x0.png

Different Dream

While I’m not sure anything else is 1:1 like this in the game, played have noticed a gun that looks a lot like a Destiny 2 design. The gun in question is the Different Dream, which you can see above. And the idea is that it has taken its design aesthetic from the IKELOS series of weapons in Destiny 2, namely the IKELOS sniper:

960x0.png

IKELOS sniper

960x0.png

And more so the Sleeper Simulant.

That barrel and Sleeper’s look extremely close, obviously. Though the fact that the gun is called “Different Dream” makes me think it could be a tribute rather than a rip-off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There’s one shielded enemy with a weak spot in the center that reacts essentially identically to a Cabal Phalanx when it’s struck. There is of course one of the main pieces of art of the game that was compared to Destiny ahead of release, though that’s a little freeze orb, not a ghost.
960x0.png

Generally speaking, The First Descendant feels like an amalgam of a bunch of games with relatively few original concepts. Again, it is at least 85% Warframe DNA in almost every possible way, with more intrusive and expensive microtransactions (though even those are mostly from Warframe too).

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They're clearly not direct copies, but it looks like some UI artist was really lazy and/or had no inspiration so decided to crib from destiny.

• haha
Reactions: 2spooky5me

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
If its ok for Palworld then its ok for first descendent, although I would hope they don't copy the shit lib devs of california

• haha
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I noticed this in the beta. Even the way gun perks read or their attempted function etc… that’s ripped straight from Destiny.

Didn’t think anything of it tho. Kinda desensitized to it since Destiny’s UI, amongst many things, is industrywide at this point. It’s all copied somewhere.

I also don’t expect this game to survive the month to care. Bungie loves to sue when they have an argument they can win and money to gain. So there’s that.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
the game has beautiful character designs, but the game itself seems bland/boring af