The first US Super Nintendo World opens its doors on February 17th

24 Jun 2022
Any idea how this will compare to the one in Japan? A bit out of the loop with the Nintendo theme park stuff, I just remember the Japan one opened maybe last year.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I actually want to see this, and I am pretty close by.

I kinda hope they are planning more than one ride long term ...

Reactions: PropellerEar

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Any idea how this will compare to the one in Japan? A bit out of the loop with the Nintendo theme park stuff, I just remember the Japan one opened maybe last year.
Pretty much the same in terms of rides and attractions present, but larger in terms of space due to not having to work around the constraints that Universal Studios Japan has in Osaka. With one more new ride, but apparently Japan gets it next year, a Donkey Kong rollercoaster/darkride hybrid.

24 Jun 2022
Pretty much the same in terms of rides and attractions present, but larger in terms of space due to not having to work around the constraints that Universal Studios Japan has in Osaka. With one more new ride, but apparently Japan gets it next year, a Donkey Kong rollercoaster/darkride hybrid.

Sounds pretty good, then. I'm not sure how easily F-Zero can fit into Super Mario classification these days (there hasn't even been a new F-Zero since the Gamecube :/), but an F-Zero themed racing course would be awesome.

Or a Mario Kart-themed go-kart course in particular in that isn't already featured.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sounds pretty good, then. I'm not sure how easily F-Zero can fit into Super Mario classification these days (there hasn't even been a new F-Zero since the Gamecube :/), but an F-Zero themed racing course would be awesome.

Or a Mario Kart-themed go-kart course in particular in that isn't already featured.
You’ll get Mario-themed dark rides and that’s all.

8 Jan 2023
It’s missing the yoshi ride plus won’t be getting DK coaster. Unjversal Orlando will be the biggest park from schematics and current construction.

Reactions: TubzGaming

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It’s missing the yoshi ride plus won’t be getting DK coaster. Unjversal Orlando will be the biggest park from schematics and current construction.
USJ has already announced the new rides are coming, Orlando will only have a 12-18 month exclusive on them. The contract between Nintendo and Universal guarantees all Nintendo Worlds will be kept on par. That’s why they haven’t planned one out for Hollywood yet, they don’t have the room for everything and can’t do a cut-down one.

8 Jan 2023
USJ has already announced the new rides are coming, Orlando will only have a 12-18 month exclusive on them. The contract between Nintendo and Universal guarantees all Nintendo Worlds will be kept on par. That’s why they haven’t planned one out for Hollywood yet, they don’t have the room for everything and can’t do a cut-down one.
Untrue. They won’t be on par. Every Universal page expert agrees. Hollywood nor Japan dont have the room. Unless you know something they don’t. Orlando will default exclusive as they they far more room and room to expand. I won’t be arguing this further.
‘’facts are facts"

Reactions: Bryank75

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Untrue. They won’t be on par. Every Universal page expert agrees. Hollywood nor Japan dont have the room. Unless you know something they don’t. Orlando will default exclusive as they they far more room and room to expand. I won’t be arguing this further.
‘’facts are facts"
Osaka is rumored to be taking out some old stuff over the next few years that should allow some expansion of Nintendo World. Hollywood is probably never getting a Nintendo World, but maybe California will get a standalone park down the road.

Last edited:
8 Jan 2023
Osaka is tunired to betaking out some old stuff over the next few years that should allow some expansion of Nintendo World. Hollywood is probably never getting a Nintendo World, but maybe California will get a standalone park down the road.
Universal studios Hollywood Super Nintendo World opens in February. Yikes.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
A Nintendo theme park seems like a smart idea. Younger generations are losing touch with legacy Disney I'd imagine and Star Wars and Marvel don't have the same magical qualities that the parks were originally built around.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
A Nintendo theme park seems like a smart idea. Younger generations are losing touch with legacy Disney I'd imagine and Star Wars and Marvel don't have the same magical qualities that the parks were originally built around.
Are they really though? Disney's animated films over the last decade have had some huge hits. I'd say their market position with children is stronger than ever.

Anyways, a whole Nintendo park is basically impossible now. Uni owns the theme park rights to Nintendo IPs now, has already built them into their existing parks (except Singapore) and doesn't have room for a new park at any of their existing locations. It also, from a marketing perspective, would be a really boneheaded move. Sure Nintendo is massive, but not everyone cares about it, a potential new park would have much broader appeal if it had some Nintendo, and some Dreamworks, and some Harry Potter, etc. Basically, if it was Epic Universe again.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Are they really though? Disney's animated films over the last decade have had some huge hits. I'd say their market position with children is stronger than ever.

Anyways, a whole Nintendo park is basically impossible now. Uni owns the theme park rights to Nintendo IPs now, has already built them into their existing parks (except Singapore) and doesn't have room for a new park at any of their existing locations. It also, from a marketing perspective, would be a really boneheaded move. Sure Nintendo is massive, but not everyone cares about it, a potential new park would have much broader appeal if it had some Nintendo, and some Dreamworks, and some Harry Potter, etc. Basically, if it was Epic Universe again.
Nintendo did the smart thing by licensing out their IP to Universal. They make the money and get the reputation boost if the attractions are good, but leave building and running the parks to a company that knows that industry better and does well with it.

8 Jan 2023
Nintendo did the smart thing by licensing out their IP to Universal. They make the money and get the reputation boost if the attractions are good, but leave building and running the parks to a company that knows that industry better and does well with it.
Hmmm I wonder when they’ll open a park. 🤣🤣🤣

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Haha, no sooner do I say that then Universal announces they are building a kiddie park in the Dallas area. Nintendo stuff is entirely absent from the revealed concept art, which for Uni is usually pretty accurate. You do get a whole lot of Dreamworks and a tiny Jurassic Park area, though.

OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022

‘Like eating one of Mario’s magic mushrooms’: inside California’s new Super Nintendo World​

Mario at the entrance to Super Nintendo World.

Bringing the iconic video games into reality, Super Nintendo World is a spectacular feat of design that will overload your senses faster than it empties your wallet

3024.jpg