18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

List of Bungie (Possible) unannounced projects:
-RPG Game (New IP)
-Competitive Game (New IP)
-Survival Game (??)
-3rd Person Action Game
-Competitive Destiny Game
-Project Nebulla (Probably Lightfall / Destiny)
-Project Goliath (Destiny Related)
-FPS Mobile Game
-Animated Show

(Based on available job listings)

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Didn't they partner with NetEase for a mobile game?

They did, people believe that is Destiny mobile.... don't know how that deal is proceeding, if Netease got their money back or if the deal just continued.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The Netease partnership is still ongoing. Otherwise I don’t think they have too many games far in development. I think it’s more like 3 games at most that are in active development.

“Goliath” for instance is just another destiny expansion (could just be final shape codename)

Mobile Destiny game might be revealed on the 23rd of this month along with Lightfall. They titled the event “Destiny showcase” not the numbered D2 or expansion name.

The mobile game has been in development for years at this point. I thought it was just gonna be a mobile port of d2 but apparently it’s original. I’m expecting that to drop within the year

Heavy rumors of a Destiny spin-off in development. Here I am hoping it’s just a smaller and futuristic racing game set in that universe.

They won’t give us Sparrow Racing League back from D1 back. But I would definitely drop cash for a spin off racer. Especially since Wipeout isn’t FZEro and I miss FZEro. Someone please make a goddamn futuristic racer.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don’t know how they are gonna make another new ip as a sci fi shooter like Halo or Destiny. Because thats what they are best at.
But some new genres and RPG would be great.

I still want a new sci fi shooter though lol

• thisistheway

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

List of Bungie (Possible) unannounced projects:
-RPG Game (New IP)
-Competitive Game (New IP)
-Survival Game (??)
-3rd Person Action Game
-Competitive Destiny Game
-Project Nebulla (Probably Lightfall / Destiny)
-Project Goliath (Destiny Related)
-FPS Mobile Game
-Animated Show

(Based on available job listings)
I think many of these descriptions may be the for the same project. What we know for sure is that they are working on:
  • More Destiny 2 expansions until at least 2024 (The Final Shape update)
  • Bringing Destiny 2 to more platforms (Destiny 2 on Switch or maybe even mobile via cloud?)
  • Mobile FPS game with NetEase (I assume native, not via cloud, and that it's a Destiny -very likely competitive- game)
  • Minimum 2 new IPS, "AT LEAST" (so maybe more than one) to be released before 2025, being day one on PS, XB and PC
  • Bringing Bungie IPs (Destiny and I assume upcoming ones) to movies/tv shows

These new IPs could also be set in the Destiny universe, being spin-offs. I think they will have SP and coop but also competitive modes and feature rpg elements, like Destiny. I think Project Nebula and Goliath are simply Destiny 2 expansions.

Regarding "competitive Destiny game" maybe means in one of the Destiny 2 expansions may improve its competitive side. But the thing is now that they are working on bringing the Destiny IP to movies/tv shows and considering it's the only IP they had published when Sony bought them, I assume they will continue making more new Destiny games. Doesn't matter if Destiny 3, if Destiny in other genres or in spinoffs (considering them a new IP or not) with a tiny link to Destiny.

In fact all these job offers could be for upcoming Destiny 2 expansions, 2 new IPs (maybe in some way linked to Destiny), Destiny mobile game and movie/tv show of Bungie's IPs.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Notice how they’re developing a destiny 2 project just as big as the final expansion that closes up the OG narrative right alongside it. This is from Bungie at the most recent gdc. “Goliath” is either the codename for Final Shape or for that other project being developed alongside it.

8wt2WJ.md.jpg

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If Bungie is actually making an rpg then between that, destiny 2 stuff, and their new Ip, could Bungie be considered a small publisher?

• brain
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If Bungie is actually making an rpg then between that, destiny 2 stuff, and their new Ip, could Bungie be considered a small publisher?

I think the idea is that they would be like what Blizzard was for Activision originally.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Bungie started talking about creating a "publishing group" at least as early as 3 years ago.

So yes, they have been trying to become a small publisher. They probably will continue to do that, considering they'll be releasing things on Xbox. It'll be interesting to see if games on Xbox from Destiny get any Sony / Playstation branding. I think that will be really telling of how independent Bungie really is.

• brain
Reactions: Dabaus and Bryank75
D

Deleted member 223

Matter, from the art that's speculated is a Fortnite target audience game = pass from me. Not into top-down games like Diablo either so also another pass for me.

Bungie acquisition does nothing for me except cement Destiny on PS with reinforced concrete. Since I got the plats on both, and got burned out on Destiny 2.... there is literally no excitement left for me.

• brain
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Matter, from the art that's speculated is a Fortnite target audience game = pass from me. Not into top-down games like Diablo either so also another pass for me.

Bungie acquisition does nothing for me except cement Destiny on PS with reinforced concrete. Since I got the plats on both, and got burned out on Destiny 2.... there is literally no excitement left for me.

I got burned out on it several times through the years..... but I always come back.

I'll give Matter a try but I usually dont like hero shooter types.

Destiny will always be my main longterm commitment I think.

D

Deleted member 223

I was hoping for Destiny 3 but I guess Destiny 2 with the Witch Queen expansion is more or less Destiny 3 considering how much new change there is. So much so that I decided to drop the game for good instead of slowly getting up to speed. Also watched a raid guide for the new raid and found it to be extremely tedious except for the final boss.

• brain

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Matter is not gonna be a hero shooter. Like no way.

Nor do you take a raid lead and make him
Director for it if it’s just a pvp game. It’s definitely a fantasy adventure game.

PS - hero shooters can fuck off

• brain

Snake29

21 Jun 2022
Bungie started talking about creating a "publishing group" at least as early as 3 years ago.

So yes, they have been trying to become a small publisher. They probably will continue to do that, considering they'll be releasing things on Xbox. It'll be interesting to see if games on Xbox from Destiny get any Sony / Playstation branding. I think that will be really telling of how independent Bungie really is.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
I wonder if they did open that office though, or are still going to... says the plan is for the publishing office to open "next year" which would be 2022 and they were bought basically right at the start of this year weren't they?

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I wonder if they did open that office though, or are still going to... says the plan is for the publishing office to open "next year" which would be 2022 and they were bought basically right at the start of this year weren't they?

I would assume both the Amsterdam office and the more than double square footage they plan for their home offices are still in play.

That would indicate that yea maybe Sony is still letting them do their own thing. That deal is still so crazy.

No clue what they’d do tho. Localizations and marketing? I can’t think of anything else unless they want to plant their feet to maybe open up a studio overseas