The Game Awards Receive String Backslash On How It Handled the Awards

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I noted the same yesterday... some awards were very rushed with no time to the dev that won it to talk and all (I mean it was very disrespectful to dev with Geoff just talking about the award... even the smaller awards in Oscar you see the people going to stage to receive the trophy).
While others segments like Geoff talking with Kojima or a Muppet took over several minutes.
So the backslash is well deserved imo.

Maybe the best example is how you have a counter to say you can't speak more... even when you are dedicating the award for a member of team that died during the production of the game... and that game is the GOTY.

More examples stolen from ERA.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Why did they give Kojima a smoke screen grand entrench, all this does is feed that losses Ego

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The Muppets thing is embarassing. I think they also should remove all the eSports things. Plus also give more time to folks who accept the award, and to give all the awards in the main stage, with people going there to accept it.

What they could do to reduce the time could be to -when someone wins let's say 2 or 3 awards- to give them in a row, and then the person goes there once to get these awards.

They also should cut all non-game ads plus the game ads of already released games. They should also reduce the C and lower tier trailers and announcements.

Regarding Kojima, he and Geoff should go to an hotel and only to put Kojima stuff there once he has something to show, and he should also be handled like anybody else.

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz and Box

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Why did they give Kojima a smoke screen grand entrench, all this does is feed that losses Ego
The guys got a cultic following nowadays especially now that he's working on that gane for Xbox.

Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The Muppets thing is embarassing. I think they also should remove all the eSports things. Plus also give more time to folks who accept the award, and to give all the awards in the main stage, with people going there to accept it.

What they could do to reduce the time could be to -when someone wins let's say 2 or 3 awards- to give them in a row, and then the person goes there once to get these awards.

They also should cut all non-game ads plus the game ads of already released games. They should also reduce the C and lower tier trailers and announcements.

Regarding Kojima, he and Geoff should go to an hotel and only to put Kojima stuff there once he has something to show, and he should also be handled like anybody else.

Geoff and Kojima Max out their social links

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka