The Game Pass Effect Will Become A Very Troubling Matter For Xbox & 3rd-party Developers Relations (VIDEO)

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
Found this video floating around on Twitter, this is absolutely troubling, people aren’t even grasping to know what that means, I don’t think people understand what we’re seeing here, this, THIS literally discourages 3rd-party developers or even potential exclusive deals from making its way to Xbox consoles or even investing into developing Xbox versions of their games, not to mention the headache-inducing Xbox Series S & its extremely limited memory pool that’s already creating huge problems whenever a developer wants to implement Ray Tracing as a core aspect of the rendering pipeline.

It’s either they’ll get exceedingly low sales or just put it on Game Pass which devs don’t want that to happen, they don’t want to devalue their games unless Microsoft pays a LOT of money, or, just go to Sony before Microsoft because them PS5 customers will pay up AND they have a much wider gamut of audience in terms of tastes throughout the different genres of games.

I LOVE how Sony was responsible for 3rd-party games not coming to Xbox, absolute delusional thinking. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 @Bryank75

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Isn't this what we expected like 6 years ago? Now it shows.
A consumer who has no clue in business knew this would happen. How these executive got their jobs?

• brain
Reactions: arvfab and LED

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
With the way these games sell on xbox, I won't be surprised if EA drops xbox from their next game.

I dunno, EA are pretty tight with MSFT. EA Play went on Gamepass pretty fast too...

But the corrosive effect of gamepass and the overall decline of Xbox as a console is really bad for gamers, retail, jobs in the industry and ownership of games.

Without ownership, gamers can be exploited very badly.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
If it were a SEGA like corp, EA would have done what they always do - cut support, therefore sinking the device. EA has done it to Nintendo too. EA was even ready to do it to Sony had the PS4 done an Xbox One type fail - we all saw what the "strategic partnership" between EA/MS was all about then. But EA won't do it to buddy MS under no circumstances - proof in the pudding. When was the last time Sony secured a full EA exclusive game? Thought so.

EA will be the last pub to leave an Xbox sinking ship. EA has a vested interest in reshaping the business model for the industry to a new model were they exert almost total control. They're total scum and nothing of significance will be lost without their sport IP licensees. They're a perfect representation unfortunately of the malaise of extreme American corporate culture.
I dunno, EA are pretty tight with MSFT. EA Play went on Gamepass pretty fast too...

But the corrosive effect of gamepass and the overall decline of Xbox as a console is really bad for gamers, retail, jobs in the industry and ownership of games.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I saw that coming in 2017. I guess I'm a cheap bastard and as soon as you tell me your games are going to be availible for $9.99 somehwere else I ain't paying more than $9.99.

I never paid more than $1 for Gamepass nor have I ever bought a game that was given on Gamepass for more than few bucks. I waited years to buy DMC5 because of that, I'm that petty.

Make a damn good product and charge everyone for it, keep it simple. I don't like when a game I buy shows up on these service as well, makes me think twice when buying a game next time. That is also why I only buy physical games or deeply discounted digital games.

If Gamepass is so great why does EA Play, Ubisoft+, etc all suck? This business model just doesn't work very well and MS made it even worse by going all in on it with day one games. A library service should be about old/cheap games.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
visionary kyle gass GIF

• haha
Reactions: LED
24 Jun 2022
That's Jedi Survivor right? It should be popular on everything and even a system seller like Hogwarts.

Maybe a bit less than Hogwarts; Star Wars as a brand has been doing pretty badly the past year or so. Mando Season 3 fell off a cliff in the ratings, for example.

At the same time, if JS is a return to evoking the classic OT and prequel trilogy (that's become a lot more popular since the original releases in the '00s, partly thanks to the Expanded Universe), that could actually propel it to large sales because it's giving people something current SW is not.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Xbox dying off is not bad for gamers or for gaming as an industry. We still have Nintendo and Sony as competitors and PCs are still out there for the benighted souls who force them to run things that resemble games.

Xbox can do a flip and the hobby and industry will be better off for it.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
With the way these games sell on xbox, I won't be surprised if EA drops xbox from their next game.
I don't think any major publisher besides some indies will drop Xbox explicitly. They'll just quietly ship less physical copies like we see here, focus less on optimizing the xbox versions as we've seen, and sign less marketing agreements with them. They basically get the benefits of staying on Xbox without too much extra work.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yep, I remember saying on GAF that Game Pass will train xbox users to not buy software.

Got laughed at.

And here we are.

:)
What's funny is that is the most obvious outcome. These idiots actually fell for those Phil Spencer spins that Gamepass increased sales and now they want to act like they have a good read on the gaming market.

Gamepass was a move made out of complete desperation from a company that just couldn't find any relevance in the gaming space and that knew that they could not compete on the quality of their games.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What's funny is that is the most obvious outcome. These idiots actually fell for those Phil Spencer spins that Gamepass increased sales and now they want to act like they have a good read on the gaming market.

Gamepass was a move made out of complete desperation from a company that just couldn't find any relevance in the gaming space and that knew that they could not compete on the quality of their games.
It is the obvious outcome, especially if you're in the software world like myself and have seen this show before.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There has definitely being a shift in the vibes lately, now I don't get downvoted to oblivion on the internet when I talk shit about Gamepass. People are finally realizing they were sold a false bill of goods.

Cheap games are not appealing to non-addicts, good games are appealing, make some money pay for your games and ensure that the games you'll enjoy we'll be made. If you are not willing to pay $40~70 for a game your are going to play for weeks than it's probably not worth your time anyway.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
But real talk, why would Xbox owners buy this? It’s a mess atm, and will be on EA Play (which is a part of gamepass) soon enough. No point in wasting $70.

• sad
Reactions: LED