The Horizon franchise has sold through more than 32.7 million units worldwide, of which Horizon Forbidden West has sold through over 8.4 million units

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
As of April 16, 2023, the Horizon franchise has sold through more than 32.7 million units worldwide, of which Horizon Forbidden West has sold through over 8.4 million units. Millions more around the world have discovered Horizon thanks to PlayStation’s subscription services and initiatives, including PlayStation Plus, and Play at Home. All told, it’s a milestone we never imagined possible twenty years ago when we first started making games.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...-story-of-a-playstation-studio/?sf266576020=1

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Still strange that they kneecapped the sequel’s sales so early.

I can’t think of any reason other than to push the DLC as much as they could. Dunno if it’s paid off.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Still strange that they kneecapped the sequel’s sales so early.

I can’t think of any reason other than to push the DLC as much as they could. Dunno if it’s paid off.
For what its worth, I bought Burning Shores after playing through Forbidden West on PS+.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
For what its worth, I bought Burning Shores after playing through Forbidden West on PS+.

PS5 exclusive also significantly lessens who will have access to the dlc. Putting it on Extra sorta helps mitigate that I suppose.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Very Inpressive, now let's see Redfalls sales

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Return of the Queen! Horizon 3 is surely going to melt eyeballs. If Forbidden West looks that good being cross gen, I can't imagine what a next gen only finale will look like. Burning Shores of course is still using the cross gen engine just with added cloud tech.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
standing ovation clap GIF

Reactions: Sircaw

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
That’s pretty good. I would day this should silence the haters but it won’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Great sales for an exclusive but they killed their own sales by putting it so early on PS+. It was still selling well in every chart. Baffling decision.

I guess the budget was cheap so selling 8 millions in 1 year was enough for them 🤷‍♂️

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Gaunlet s great.

H3 better offer more alien guns. Im bored of arrows. Offer it as option. I think it can grow and evolve further.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
They still haven't captured magic to put them up there with Santa Monica or Naughty Dog game wise but their tech is definitely up there. I don't think Horizon 3 will be that game either.

They do however earn their stripes for dependability and their titles are finally making money as well. They're like the sort of studio on the cusp of greatness that just doesn't know how to grab it. The faster their talents move on from Horizon, from my pov, the better for me as a consumer of their work.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Horizon Zero Dawn sold 7.6M copies in 353 days, Horizon Forbidden West sold 8.4M copies in 422 days. Zero dawn had 10M sales within 672 days, and its entirely possible this will surpass it (even though sales per day are slightly lower, this game has better legs).

Source: https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/22q4_supplement.pdf

It's entirely possible for HFW to reach 20M units during its lifetime. HZD is currently at 24.3M sold through.