The Jimquisition's review of Helldivers 2 proves that the supposed "Xbox Tax" is, in fact, a Sony Tax

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Halo Infinite and HD2 are completely different games. HD2 doesn’t have PvP or a campaign
That doesn't detratct from the point that halo infinite is a worse game.

If Sony was releasing games like Hi-Fi Rush, people would be happy.
Loads of people praised Hi-Fi Rush though, so you're kinda missing the mark.

Reactions: Nhomnhom and arvfab

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Halo Infinite and HD2 are completely different games. HD2 doesn’t have PvP or a campaign
Crazy that Halo Infinite apparently has all these features now and the game is still terrible. Turns out bad campaigns, years long delays on key game modes, and fomo live service design aren't good for consumers. Arguably, HD2 has a much more interesting narrative than Halo Infinite, and in fact HD2 doesn't ruin the previous game in the series so that's another positive.
"People" in this case meaning whom? Because you can't mean players/consumers as not enough people played the game on Xbox for it to warrant it being exclusive. Maybe you mean social media influencers, in which case still wrong.

Reactions: Nhomnhom and arvfab

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
James Stephanie Sterling had a bad take here, one that is hopefully revisited later down the line after being able to run a few successful missions. It happens to the best of us. I've managed to play some full missions and have enjoyed the hell out of it.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The problem for MS is that the marketing budget for 2023 went to Starfield and Forza which missed the mark while they sent Hi-Fi Rush to die with a developer presentation. Hi-Fi Rush was a success in spite of Xbox, not because of Xbox. Xbox didn't see anything special about it (it was in development since 2017, well before Xbox took over). MS ownership have no taste and no standard, if they did the quality of Halo would never have dipped more than once. They thought Redfall was around 80% at launch. Nintendo would have course corrected the duds earlier or scrapped them. The only available now reveal by Nintendo is old games on subscription and Sony tend to do demo now if they are.

TLDR Hi-Fi Rush was a success in spite of Xbox leadership and not because of Xbox leadership

Yeona

29 Jul 2023
Fellas, far from me to moderate anything because I'm nobody here but Sterling goes by she. We can call someone a fucking idiot or just outright incompetent in their games analysis -- both of which Stephanie absolutely is -- and still respect the basics of their identity. Can we try to be a bit better about that?

Anyway, already said what I wanted to say. Absolutely fucking baffling take and it's been this way since the Square Enix blacklist days. It's really hard to parse whether she's earnestly disliked a game or if it's some personal thing getting in the way, so I've stopped taking these videos / articles seriously. It's thinly veiled venting more than it is analysis, IMO.