The lack of indie games made the xbox showcase more enjoyable

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Well the ones people keep praise and I tried felt the opposite…
Wasteland 3 excellent, Disco Elysium excellent, road warden excellent, frost punk excellent, suzerain excellent, kill the princess excellent, raging loop excellent, pillars 2 excellent, pathfinder wraith of the righteous excellent, the life and suffering of sir brante etc. So many good indies and double A games out there man. That was just a sample.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wasteland 3 excellent, Disco Elysium excellent, road warden excellent, frost punk excellent, suzerain excellent, kill the princess excellent, raging loop excellent, pillars 2 excellent, pathfinder wraith of the righteous excellent, the life and suffering of sir brante etc. So many good indies and double A games out there man. That was just a sample.
Maybe that is the point... I tried some of these and to be fair they look like how I can say indie games.
That is fine because they are indies.
But it lacks what I expect from games.
Some of them give the impression I'm playing backlog from decades ago.

Or it is the low bar graphics, or the dated gameplay, etc... always something is off to me.

Disco Elysium for example looks like a PS3 game with a chore gameplay.

Last edited:

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Who is pretending, almost everything I have really really enjoyed in the past several years has been from small studios and not AAA games. AA innovates and AAA iterates on safe ideas

I am with you! at least half of the games I have bought and finished in the last 2 years have been Indy games, and they have stuck more in my memory than *most of the AAA releases.

• Shake
Reactions: Nym