The Last of Us 2 Review Thread & |OT| We Could Have Killed You" – "Maybe You Should Have" |UP| New patch out. .

What do you think TLOU2 Remaster will score?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The Last of Us Part II Remastered Patch 1.1.0

1705056988326.png

The Last of Us Part II Remastered - Accolades Trailer | PS5 Games​

Grounded II: The Making of The Last of Us Part II Trailer​

How to upgrade:

Players who purchased The Last of Us Part II have the option to pay an additional fee to upgrade to The Last of Us Part II Remastered. The upgrade, along with local upgrade pricing, will be available on the PlayStation Store starting at launch on January 19, 2024.

Previews:

Reviews:

1705424106837.png

1705421026597.png
God is a Geek
JAN 15, 2024
The Last of Us Part II Remastered is a dense collection of content that fleshes out the main story, with a rogue-lite that is a lot of fun.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GAMINGbible
JAN 15, 2024
As a full package, there’s nothing else you could possibly want from The Last of Us Part II Remastered. We all thought Part II was Naughty Dog’s magnum opus but Part II Remastered shows that there’s plenty more gas in the tank. If this is insight into what’s to come from the studio, I cannot wait to see what Naughty Dog is cooking up next.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Player 2
JAN 15, 2024
One of the generation's finest games manages to get more life injected into it with a sensational rogue-like mode. It’s well worth your time again.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PCMag
JAN 15, 2024
The Last of Us Part II Remastered is an excellent update of a recent classic that adds fresh features for new and returning fans.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PlayStation Universe
JAN 15, 2024
I feel supremely confident in saying that for the millions of folks that already own The Last of Us Part 2 on PS4, the $10/£10 upgrade charge is a more than fair ask in terms of the sheer amount of frankly excellent content that you're getting here - with the excellent No Return mode easily capable of being spun off into its own entity. Likewise, if you have yet to experience Naughty Dog's magnum opus for the first time, the fact remains that it's superlative story campaign is as impactful, essential and emotionally devastating as it ever was. Boiled down to its most basic properties, The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered is the definitive version of the best game of the last generation and as such, it's still a ten. Easily.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

you need to revisit this modern masterpiece.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PC Games
JAN 15, 2024
In addition to the graphical adaptations to the new hardware, the developers at Naughty Dog have also thought about how they can further enhance the remaster. The excursion into the game's development history alone is an exciting new experience. The roguelike mode offers many hours of additional fun for anyone who wants to push the game's combat system to the limit. The actual story campaign remains an exciting experience of a special kind anyway.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Siliconera
JAN 15, 2024
The Last of Us Part II Remastered does far more than simply justify its existence on the PS5. The new visuals and animations are absolutely stunning, and the added content is significant. With the new game modes and behind the scenes content, there’s plenty here for returning players to enjoy and newcomers to savor. Regardless of your past experience with The Last of Us Part II, this remaster deserves your time.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Press Start Australia
JAN 15, 2024
The Last of Us Part II Remastered might ring up an emotional toll that some aren't ready to part with so soon after its original launch, however it's still a worthwhile release thanks in large part to its celebratory behind-the-scenes glimpses at how the game came to be. Adding more value to the package is No Return, an excellent, compact roguelike that feels like an apt showcase for the game's blunt force combat.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Jeuxvideo.com
JAN 15, 2024
In short, we would like all remasters to be like The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered. Here, Naughty Dog intelligently expands the content of the PS4 masterpiece, with - already - behind the scenes everything (Lost Levels, audio comments) and above all, a roguelite mode which really wowed us. It's simply the perfect excuse to dive back into the universe and visceral action of Part 2, with a lifespan now extended from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Even the small graphics boost, in 4K Native, has its effect - despite a slightly disappointing 30 FPS (even with VRR). In the end, a remaster that doesn't make fun of us at all.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

The Games Machine
JAN 15, 2024
Releasing a remaster of such a prominent game just over three years after the original was certainly a gamble. Fortunately, Naughty Dog has combined the audiovisual restoration work (adequate and perceptible in some parts of the game, almost superfluous in others) with a general optimization that has improved the quality of the experience with a much more solid frame rate and noticeably faster loading. To further increase the value of this version we find a challenging and fun new roguelike mode, three cut mini-levels, skins to unlock and various other extras that further delve into the world of TLOU2, allowing us to discover all the details and secrets.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Gaming Nexus
JAN 15, 2024
Regardless of if you’re experiencing the story for the first time, or returning for the $10 upgrade, this is the definitive version of one of the finest video games ever made. It’s worth playing for the story alone, but the No Return mode is an intense and fun addition that might keep you around longer than you expect.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GamersRD
JAN 15, 2024
Those who have not enjoyed the original game now have the opportunity to experience and continue this heartbreaking story in this enhanced version. Between many graphical improvements, new unreleased levels and No Return Mode, it can be given another chance, as long as we don't expect more than what we already saw in 2020.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION

Attachments

• 1705420617755.png
    1705420617755.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Technically it should be more than the original since they added lost levels and no return but often remasters score lower for no real reason tbh.
Yeah tlou 1 remake scored alot lower, although it was actually better. Generally though besides that game I've seen Remasters/Remake score the same, Demon Souls actually scored a point higher. Also it happens diff review sites get copies at diff times, plus years pass by and other reviewers pop up who have diff tastes. Tht landscape is dynamic.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If reviews are good (that is a safe bet) this re-release together with the TV Show season 2 have the potential to double or more the TLOU2 userbase 🔥

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023
Yeah tlou 1 remake scored alot lower, although it was actually better. Generally though besides that game I've seen Remasters/Remake score the same, Demon Souls actually scored a point higher. Also it happens diff review sites get copies at diff times, plus years pass by and other reviewers pop up who have diff tastes. Tht landscape is dynamic.

I think the higher the game scores originally the more likely it is to score worse.

I also think in instances like this their can't be a major graphical leap so that doesn't help.

For me it's undoubtedly going to be a "Better Game" with the additions unless it had bugs which I doubt it will.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think the higher the game scores originally the more likely it is to score worse.

I also think in instances like this their can't be a major graphical leap so that doesn't help.

For me it's undoubtedly going to be a "Better Game" with the additions unless it had bugs which I doubt it will.
I agree but I think any improvement deserves a better score if the core mechanics aren't being changed. Same game better coat of paint plus three new modes should equal higher score.

Also some of the same outlets tht reviewed the original will not review the remastered and again some new ones will. It actually can go either way since at times less outlets review the upgraded version and less reviews if already scored high lessens the probability of a score going down.

Anyway we are all in for a treat.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I don't see how this scores higher than the original but either way bring on that Rogue like Mode

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't see how this scores higher than the original but either way bring on that Rogue like Mode
You mean bcus of politics and variables in reviews? Or you don't see how a version with improved graphics and three new modes can score better? Just curious.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It'll probably score around the same give or take a single point, maybe. It's not like it's been a quadrillion years between the first release of the game.

Grounded II: The Making of The Last of Us Part II Trailer​

Surprising they're just now coming out with this one, but maybe it's for the best considering the discourse around its release.
Most PlayStation ones game docs are well produced. Really like the behind the scenes documentaries like these, especially when it's over a long portion of the production.
Love stuff like this. More devs should do it imo

Same, I love that stuff. Even third parties like Noclip and similar channels do great gamedocs/dev interviews/etc...

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The new rogue-like mode No ReturnYes — Available on PS5No — Not available on PS4
Lost Levels detailing cut content from the gameYes — Available on PS5No — Not available on PS4
Guitar Free Play modeYes — Available on PS5No — Not available on PS4
Developer commentary modesYes — Available on PS5No — Not available on PS4
DualSense controller supportYes — Available on PS5No — Not available on PS4
Visual enhancements (increased level-of-detail distances, improved shadow quality, animation sampling rate, and more)Yes — Available on PS5No — Not available on PS4
Resolutions
  • Native 4K in Fidelity mode
  • 1440p upscaled to 4K in Performance Mode
  • 1440p on PS4 Pro
  • 1080p on Base PS4
Framerates
  • 30fps in Fidelity Mode
  • 60fps in Performance Mode
  • Unlocked framerate option
  • 30fps on PS4 Pro
  • 30fps on Base PS4
Load timesImproved and shorter load timesStandard load times
Accessibility featuresNew descriptive audio and speech to vibrations optionsStandard accessibility features