The Last of Us Multiplayer may be a cross-gen title

D

Deleted member 417

It'll be fine on ps4. Look how good horizon and GoW look on a machine built in 2012 on 2010 parts.

And I doubt that the ps4 and ps5 gamers will be playing in the same matches. SSD vs HDD gives ps5 players a massive boost.

I used to play apex legends back in season 1 and season 2. I put an SSD in my x1x and I had a clear advantage over other players.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Having the benefit of being promoted and pushed by a platform holder (the biggest one currently) certainly gives it leverage over other new GAAS
Suicide squad game:
Happy Excuse Me GIF

D

Deleted member 417

Suicide squad game:
Happy Excuse Me GIF
By the numbers, corporate-meeting-room-designed, tick-box-filling, cookie-cutter dross. Not supported by a platform holder who isn't afraid to try ideas that their developers suggest, no matter how dividing those ideas are.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
This game will be big for few weeks then people will go back to fortnite and warzone.
Dude there's still people playing the first game's MP over time throughout PS3, 4 and 5, and it's not it's own little standalone game like GOT Legends, and you have to keep the full PS4 game installed.

Sony should have fluffed it out into its own game and kept feeding it maps/modes/perks/taunts/weapons etc. It wasn't just the story people been replaying for 10 years.

When they finally get it out, it's probably gonna own. I just hope the 4v4 legacy modes get included somewhere.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Dude there's still people playing the first game's MP over time throughout PS3, 4 and 5, and it's not it's own little standalone game like GOT Legends, and you have to keep the full PS4 game installed.

Sony should have fluffed it out into its own game and kept feeding it maps/modes/perks/taunts/weapons etc. It wasn't just the story people been replaying for 10 years.

When they finally get it out, it's probably gonna own. I just hope the 4v4 legacy modes get included somewhere.
Also sony back then weren't really taking multiplayer that seorusly, factions was a well made multiplayer but this time they are probably looking at the long term.

EN250

17 Feb 2023
need all the players possible if they're pushing it to be a GAAS title, thought it'd go PS4+PS5+PC day one

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
need all the players possible if they're pushing it to be a GAAS title, thought it'd go PS4+PS5+PC day one

Everyone knew it would be, this is fake outrage and excuses for the same crowd to repeat “we believe in generations”

Either it is and people complain about ps4 holding the game back or it isn’t and people concern troll over tehre not being enough ps5’s for it to be successful like other cross gen GAAS

Literally the same discussion around spider-man and if it can sell as many copies as sony want because of the install base. Be prepared to hear how it “underperformed” selling 10 million copies in two days less than god of war ragnarok

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I was reading the news in other places and they're spamming that wrong "we believe in generations" quote like it means something.

Should be a bannable offense when you use it to troll/war.

Yep, but you already now how it goes there. They can create entire topics just drive by posting the same console war rhetoric and its nbd, bring up any of the 100’s of ways the other platform is lacking and its console warring.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

The problem I see is that you guys are expecting that traditional multiplayer faction game. This game is developed to be as big as fortnite and Warzone. It's never made for you. Keep your expectations lower than Earth's crust.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The problem I see is that you guys are expecting that traditional multiplayer faction game. This game is developed to be as big as fortnite and Warzone. It's never made for you. Keep your expectations lower than Earth's crust.
Oh trust me, that's a worry.

At this rate I'm hoping I can just initiate the "supply raid/survivor/interrogation mission" similar to Division missions from the overworld, and it'll just launch the old lobby system.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bro I don't doubt ND one bit and I've enjoyed all of their mp games. This will be factions as a foundation but obviously on a larger scale. The factions DNA will be there. The world will obviously be infinitely bigger with a focus as well on mtx such as cosmetics so thy can make some good money and I'm OK with that. Fortnite did it right and if mtx are in that vain I'm OK with tht. I've spent alot of money on Fortnite in the past and I didnt have to but wanted to.

This has been cooking in the oven for years without much shown for a reason, they about to blow the roof off of how good a gaas game can be and look.

Uncharted 2/3/4/ and factions are my most played Mps ever.

Last edited:

stebin alex

25 Oct 2022
I am really wondering how many of those 12 gaas games are Ps5 or next gen only. They have been really quiet on telling us anything about their gaas games
Quite a few of them will be PS5 only, on the top of my head,
PS4,PS5, PC
- TLOU Factions
- FireWalk game ? could be
- MLB annual games
- Helldivers 2
- Horizon Multiplayer, the leaked file was from a PS4 HFW alpha build

PS5 and PC
- Twisted Metal
- Deviation game
- FireWall Ultra PSVR2

EN250

17 Feb 2023

PS3 servers were shutdown 3 years ago (bye Platinum 😭) but yeah, the MP has some hardcore fanbase, you can tell from the number of weeks players survived, had to face many 999 weeks players, which is the max you can reach, but at the same time, I'm sure Sony don't want just a loyal minority as the playerbase and something big to maintain its GAAS status, expectations in check and all, sure they're not waiting for a fortnite level of reach, but something big regardless, so the thing definitely needs to be on PS4+PS5+PC to try and get as many players possible

Reactions: Deleted member 417