The Last of Us | Official Trailer | HBO Max

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Don't hate on me people, the Joel guy i dig, the rest of the cast, not so much.

It's just not doing it for me.

I think it's about time to feel how @VFX_Veteran usually feels around here.

crowd riot GIF

D

Deleted member 13

Yea, not sure why they selected the girl from GOT that died by the giant to be Ellie. Let's hope it's not just another TWD TV show.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This looks amazing. Hope it lives to the standard fo quality from the games. Contrary to popular belief and based on the trailer, I think the actress is well placed, she has the same vibe as Ellie.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This looks amazing. Hope it lives to the standard fo quality from the games. Contrary to popular belief and based on the trailer, I think the actress is well placed, she has the same vibe as Ellie.
I 100% don't see it.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It will be fun to watch this and recognize most of the filming locations. The first three seasons of Fargo were hilarious for that. They filmed a fair it in a building I used to work in, in some scenes they were about 50 feet from where my old desk was. Ghostbusters: Afterlife was also full of familiar places.

• Informative
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It has been a while since they did, but they used to suck out loud until the time of The Wire, Carnivale and Deadwood.
yer, deadwood. oz and of course the masterpiece that is The wire, damn those series are so good.

Hard for me to personally find a series to compete against those, saying that, i did really like the queen's Gambit alot, probably has something to do with me playing alot of chess in my younger days.

Also loved Rome, for those that have not seen that particular show it is beyond fantastic

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
yer, deadwood. oz and of course the masterpiece that is The wire, damn those series are so good.

Hard for me to personally find a series to compete against those, saying that, i did really like the queen's Gambit alot, probably has something to do with me playing alot of chess in my younger days.

Also loved Rome, for those that have not seen that particular show it is beyond fantastic
I forgot Oz and Rome! Rome still has one of the best final lines of a TV series ever.

Prior to that run in the tail end of the 90s/beginning of the 2000s, aside from a handful of made-for-HBO movies, most of their original content was just cheap filler, often not even up to the standards of broadcast TV. The odd hidden gem like Cast a Deadly Spell was the exception, not the rule. Tales From The Crypt was the beginning of HBO actually putting talent and money into their shows, and they have it down pat now.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Yea, not sure why they selected the girl from GOT that died by the giant to be Ellie. Let's hope it's not just another TWD TV show.
Is that the girl who was princess of her people. Loved her in GOT, I think she will meld into the mode quite well, she looks like she has the childlike nature of young Ellie, before the pandemic and survival aspect of the world toughened her up, she's still cheerful and humorous there with the same cool exchanges from the two in part one. I think they will work well together.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

All great series tbh. Love me some Deadwood and Oz. Still have to watch the wire, have not done so. Rome I loved at the start, but the angry Roman soldier who was the star, became too angry and unhinged for me in season two, he also lacked personality and had this dead inside angry face with no emotion, his friend was much smoother to watch, he was a natural, the star almost had a little cringe vibe to me as I progressed into season 2.

Reactions: Sircaw

xor

29 Sep 2022
Looks great to me. Ramsey isn't the spitting image of Ellie, but this trailer has reassured me that she'll nail the personality, and I'm getting good vibes from it all round.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
All great series tbh. Love me some Deadwood and Oz. Still have to watch the wire, have not done so. Rome I loved at the start, but the angry Roman soldier who was the star, became too angry and unhinged for me in season two, he also lacked personality and had this dead inside angry face with no emotion, his friend was much smoother to watch, he was a natural, the star almost had a little cringe vibe to me as I progressed into season 2.
i guess you're talking about Vorenus and Pullo.

I personally feel this is one of the greatest pairings of any duo in any film or series.

The most unlikely of friendships, polar opposites bound by service of the 13th is fantastic to see.

Also after watching Vorenus's dark descent into becoming the so-called Son of hades, his "I fuck Concorde up the arse" scene is truly a scene to behold.

So many great characters in that series, From Mark Anthony and Cleopatra to Cisero, we need more series like that.

Less Love island but that's because of people like @Bryank75 + @TubzGaming (Scumbags)

Jeremy Happy Dance GIF by LoveIslandUSA

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It isn't like Pullo had no reason to be that way, with his wife dying and all that...

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think this is gonna be a massive hit. I’m in if not only just to see how it shapes up. I think it’s gonna deliver tho… and I’m not even a fan. I just think it’s gonna work.

That Uncharted movie was embarrassingly bad. Like one of the dumbest action blockbusters ever bad. I don’t expect TlOU the series to end up trash like that.