The Last of Us Part 2 still holds the most trophies in a single #TheGameAwards with 7 back in 2020 🏆

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
These devs always deserve the benefit of the doubt 🔥💪
100%
The combat was miles better than the original and some of the action scenes like the Birdge and the Island escape was there best work ever.

Not everyone likes the story but apart from that, in almost every other way it was better than TLOU1. TLOU1 had more action segments altogether though, maybe more Clicker encounters too

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It's nothing short of ridiculous that TLoU2 got more awards than Baldur's Gate 3, though it's also true that 2020 wasn't a great year for game releases. Everyone was in the earlier stages of adjusting their engines for the 2020 consoles.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's nothing short of ridiculous that TLoU2 got more awards than Baldur's Gate 3, though it's also true that 2020 wasn't a great year for game releases. Everyone was in the earlier stages of adjusting their engines for the 2020 consoles.

2020 wasn't a strong release year for games.
Today appears to be a great day for shit takes!

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It is a bad-ass game -- that's why. I do prefer BG3 over many games though (including TLOU).

TLOU is my favorite franchise that ND makes.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Part II is way better than the dice game. Please get an actual clue.
Since when? TLOU II is probably my favourite game of all time, but saying it's way better than BG3 is pushing it. they are both fantastic, both very different, and both excellent in their respective genres.

Reactions: nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Since when? TLOU II is probably my favourite game of all time, but saying it's way better than BG3 is pushing it. they are both fantastic, both very different, and both excellent in their respective genres.
Yeah what an odd comparison. I consider Part 1 to be one of my favorite pieces of media ever created, but I would never use it to put down another game, especially one in a completely different genre.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
2020 wasn't a strong release year for games.
Not true. Doom Eternal, FF7 Remake, Hades, and Ghost of Tsushima also came out in 2020.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It was a good year. Not as great as this year, but this was the best gaming year in 25 years, imo. But 2020 was definitely better than 2019 and 2021.
It wasn't as good if you didn't have a PS4, and that's the crowd saying it was a weak year to downplay TLOU II getting unequaled recognition.

Also the same crowd who suddenly decided that Metacritic's Publisher of the Year award meant something in 2021, but now say it doesn't mean anything.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Not true. Doom Eternal, FF7 Remake, Hades, and Ghost of Tsushima also came out in 2020.
Doom eternal was great, Hades was a indie title, never was going to win game of the year, Ghost was okay, FF7 a remake... Not a strong year

• haha
Reactions: arvfab