The Last of Us Part 2 still holds the most trophies in a single #TheGameAwards with 7 back in 2020 🏆

DForce

24 Jun 2022
People always try hard to discredit anything positive when it comes to The Last of Us Part II.

What's funny is that the admins over at GAF have no problem with people complaining about how woke the game is in every single Last of Us thread. But as soon as you start using terms like "anti-woke," your comments will get deleted because they want to keep politics out of the thread. LOL

The awards were deserved. It's that simple.

It's crazy how I'm more excited for No Return mode. I can't wait until next month.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Doom eternal was great, Hades was a indie title, never was going to win game of the year, Ghost was okay, FF7 a remake... Not a strong year
Ok. Whatever you say bruh. Lol Also what are you talking about. Hades won GOTY at the Dice and BAFTA awards. FF7 Remake was not a 1 to 1 remake it was like RE4 Remake. They added a ton of new things. Either you don’t know what you’re talking about, or you’re trying to discredit TLOU 2. 2020 was nowhere near was weak as 2019, 2021, and if you remove ER and Ragnarok, 2022 was also weak. I also forgot Half Life Alyx and Animal Crossing also came out in 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
People always try hard to discredit anything positive when it comes to The Last of Us Part II.

What's funny is that the admins over at GAF have no problem with people complaining about how woke the game is in every single Last of Us thread. But as soon as you start using terms like "anti-woke," your comments will get deleted because they want to keep politics out of the thread. LOL

The awards were deserved. It's that simple.

It's crazy how I'm more excited for No Return mode. I can't wait until next month.
It’s crazy. Neil Druckmann really some broke people. Lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DForce

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Ok. Whatever you say bruh. Lol Also what are you talking about. Hades won GOTY at the Dice and BAFTA awards. FF7 Remake was not a 1 to 1 remake it was like RE4 Remake. They added a ton of new things. Either you don’t know what you’re talking about, or you’re trying to discredit TLOU 2. 2020 was nowhere near was weak as 2019, 2021, and if you remove ER and Ragnarok, 2022 was also weak. I also forgot Half Life Alyx also came out in 2020.
2020 was a weak year imo. Hades is a indie title. A lot of publications have a game of the Year award. We're talking about the main one. Remakes don't win game of the year. Doom Eternal was great. If last of us 2 released this year, it wouldn't of won much.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
2020 was a weak year imo. Hades is a indie title. A lot of publications have a game of the Year award. We're talking about the main one. Remakes don't win game of the year. Doom Eternal was great. If last of us 2 released this year, it wouldn't of won much.
So a year in which three GOTY nominees got a 93 Meta, One got a 90, and another got a 87, is a “weak” year? Ok. 🤣 Also who gives a shit if Hades is an indie title. A great game is a great game. An indie film won best picture at the Oscar’s last year. The Dice Awards and BAFTA are prestigious. Hell, even Hollywood has a BAFTA. The Game Awards is an ad/trailer show more than an award show, and you saw that on full display this year.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
So a year in which three GOTY nominees got a 93 Meta, One got a 90, and another got a 87, is a “weak” year? Ok. 🤣 Also who gives a shit if Hades is an indie title. A great game is a great game. An indie film won best picture at the Oscar’s last year. The Dice Awards and BAFTA are prestigious. Hell, even Hollywood has a BAFTA. The Game Awards is an ad/trailer show more than an award show, and you saw that on full display this year.
It was a weak year. Last of us 2 was also controversial. Remakes don't win and Hades is a indie title. If last of us 2 released this year it wouldn't of won much if anything. I don't hold last of us 2 in high regard. Last of us 1 is superior.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It was a weak year. Last of us 2 was also controversial. Remakes don't win and Hades is a indie title. If last of us 2 released this year it wouldn't of won much if anything. I don't hold last of us 2 in high regard. Last of us 1 is superior.
Lol Whatever you say man. If you want to die on the hill that 2020 was a weak year, have at it. It‘s clear you have a vendetta against TLOU 2. But whatever, I’m done with this debate. Have a good night.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You could have put any Game against it and it's still a gotg contender.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Since when? TLOU II is probably my favourite game of all time, but saying it's way better than BG3 is pushing it. they are both fantastic, both very different, and both excellent in their respective genres.
Haven’t played BG3. I refuse to have sex with a bear.