Not open for further replies.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Season 2 Dark Comedy GIF by #Impastor

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
And that's with Kraken compression, it only means massive quality! Just like Horizon FW, the map was huge but the quality is far better than most linear games.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
80GB for one game plus one DLC seems fair, if on the big side. I wonder if they are still not properly leveraging Kraken, or if their Engine doesn't play ball with it.

This is also getting released on PC, so you know the answer to that question.

Just a heads up - the Uncharted LoT Collection said it required 88 GB but the actual install was only 68 GB.

So this install might be less than it says here.

Those 2 games on PS4 were about 105 GB total and so they did reduce that file size down for PS5 by about 35%.

And that was also going to PC.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
80GB for one game plus one DLC seems fair, if on the big side. I wonder if they are still not properly leveraging Kraken, or if their Engine doesn't play ball with it.
I don't see why games aren't more compartmentalized. Split the MP from the single player game. Then you don't have to kill it off to force people onto the next game's MP. Looking at UC2/3 from what my friends tell me of their MPs. They were not even included in the PS5 Collection, were they? Each story-based DLC campaign should be it's own standalone game too, like Infamous First Light or TLOU Left Behind. So if we want to conserve SSD space we can kill off the main campaign and just keep the story DLC or just the MP game. Using TLOU as an example, you wouldn't have to skew deadlines around or crunch, getting this game ready to line-up with this movie or that tv show, you'd always have a consistant TLOU mindshare around from the MP game that gets content drops every so often. Or little story DLC's etc. Yes I am very much Smithers here ''It's just TLOU MP... yes, but she's got a new hat!''. Or Barney ''Just hook it into my veiiiiinnnss!''

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That's a lot. The only thing I find annoying with these huge file sizes is installation from blu ray disc.
It for sure takes longer than steam download.
But faster than PSN speeds.

I will probably get this

Status
Not open for further replies.