The Last of Us TV success being used to point out Sony's domination to disuade FTC 😂😂😂

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Using the success of a competitor's 100% original IP to justify the acquisition of a major company is beyond stupid illogical.

Edit: My bad, @Bryank75. Your notice didn't pop up until after I posted.

It's all good! <3

I agree with you completely, weaponizing a competitors creativity and innovation to use as ammunition to justify incredibly selfish and anti-competitive consolidation is really low IMO.

But I see so many people cheering this consolidation on.... is getting a few games in gamepass worth the damage it can do to the industry? Or do people have some irrational hatred of Sony, that they just want to see them taken down nomatter the consequences?
Or is it just unrestrained corporate cheer-leading?

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
On the lighter side, the success of The Last of Us is great for the medium because it (hopefully) means video game adaptations will start being taken seriously with higher production values and better staff, instead of just handing the job to Uwe Boll, Paul Anderson, Greg Russo (who had never written a movie before Mortal Kombat and is only attached to video game movies), or anyone who walks through the door.

If we can get good adaptations of Resident Evil and Dead Space with gnarly practical effects, that would be awesome. John Carpenter, James Wan, Greg Nicotero, and Panos Cosmatos would be great picks for those IPs. Also imagine a Dead Space film from Shinya Tsukamoto.

Maybe a blockbuster Doom film with a script that isn't pure cheese. Deus Ex and Metal Gear also have high-end cinematic potential. (So do Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill, but unfortunately, Lawrence Kasanoff and Christophe Gans basically own those IPs :/)

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Halo is alive and well

In Destiny 2!

destiny-2-forerunner-catalyst.jpg maxresdefault.jpg 4bf50a05ac5d345709efc5fe41f29e021a353a1245241bbe6b9cc82792a86bae_1.jpg

I Just found Master Chief's cryo chamber, and unlocked the Halo CE pistol. Also the classic 36-shot burst BR, and the energy Sword. Damn I love this game.... welcome home Chief. We'll wake you when we need you.

playstation-studios-ps4.gif

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Was just playing it, I have those weapons too.... love the BXR.

Lightfall soon.
how on earth did MS let these guys walk out the door, especially back then? If I were running Xbox back then, there wouldn't be a price high enough in the world to keep Bungie happy. Destiny is a multi-billion dollar franchise and they just let it walk out the door, and sign with their biggest rival... un-fucking-real...

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
What ?

When did "xbox" put Diablo 4 and CoD as Xbox exclusives? The deal isn't even done and the next Diablo and CoD are already confirmed multi-platform.

Your posts make no sense. 🤔
Have you ever taken part in a list war? Those are the ugliest part of any console wars, people play dirty with definitions, value and legitimacy.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
FFS I know you guys have a persistent hate boner against Microsoft on this forum, but at least don't spread clearly fake info around, that's the kind of thing why people make fun of y'all elsewhere. 😬
hate boner is the best!

Anyway that’s my take on all of this.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
FFS I know you guys have a persistent hate boner against Microsoft on this forum, but at least don't spread clearly fake info around, that's the kind of thing why people make fun of y'all elsewhere.
I would bet that most of us had an Xbox system at some point and probably a lot of us planned to get an Xbox one instead of a ps4, after the ps3 generation (before MS 💩 the bed). MS let gamers down, they threw a big marketing and PR show while doing so.

After so many years of BS it's hard to give them a pass in anything.

Truth is not the enemy of good ideas.