The Legend of Dragoon fans disappointed in "unplayable" port

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

The cult classic JRPG was added to PS Plus (and the PlayStation Store) this week, marking its digital debut in Europe.

However, fans have reported a string of bugs, and some have claimed the game is unplayable.

One of the most persistent bugs is a soft lock during battles once dragoon magic has been used, leaving players with either an unresponsive or black screen.

Other bugs, as detailed in this reddit thread, include: garbled text, jittering blue lines around background objects, voice lines not playing in battle, and issues with the rewind feature breaking the game.

This port includes a new rewind feature, as well as trophy support.

YouTuber BltzZ has also released a video detailing issues with the game and describing it as an unplayable mess, including the aforementioned dragoon magic soft lock, and clipped voice lines during combat. BltzZ recommends playing the game carefully using save states.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
None of those sound like game-breaking bugs, and from what's been said the rewind makes the game almost too easy for some.

These are more like annoying graphical glitches you'd get with some emulated games, but otherwise it sounds perfectly playable. Sony should patch it though to fix the quirks.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I had that game back in the days, it was an horrible mess of QTEs.

It's actually good that people can't play it, Sony is pro-consumer.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I had that game back in the days, it was an horrible mess of QTEs.

It's actually good that people can't play it, Sony is pro-consumer.
Yeah, it was a cargo-cult clone of FFVII, with added button press bullshit like Super Mario RPG. I played the demo and never cared to even finish it.

I’ve never understood the fanboys for that one.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I used to watch blitzz lol. He used to make ff7 remake and multiversus content. Havent seen him come across my feed in a long time though.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, it was a cargo-cult clone of FFVII, with added button press bullshit like Super Mario RPG. I played the demo and never cared to even finish it.

I’ve never understood the fanboys for that one.
I'm one of the suckers who bought it.

Also, the voice acting... I recall laughing when I heard the big bad guy's voice in the intro.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Life will be much easier if sony remake this game

What took them so long

motivational just do it GIF