The Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom has sold over 10 million copies worldwide in less than 3 days

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Deserved.

The game is absolutely amazing.

I wonder if everybody feel like that but it is feel so good when great games are released… these games you will remember for the rest of your life.

• Shake
Reactions: Dr Bass
24 Jun 2022
Gawddam!

For reference, it took Breath of the Wild a little over 15 months to hit 10 million.

TotK probably has the record now for fastest-selling game to 10 million outside of COD. Seriously impressive.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Remember folks we were assured by the haters that the game will never sell that much and the game is a DLC. REMEMBER THAT.
think liga endesa GIF by ACB

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Gawddam!

For reference, it took Breath of the Wild a little over 15 months to hit 10 million.

TotK probably has the record now for fastest-selling game to 10 million outside of COD. Seriously impressive.
BotW was limited by Switch population (even including Wii U they'd have had to have sold one to, like, over half the userbase to make up for it) and I am pretty sure they didn't even have 10 million copies available for purchase because of that.

Still, absolutely amazing numbers. People were waiting for this one, even the general population it seems.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
GOTG and it’s not even close
Deserved.

The game is absolutely amazing.

I wonder if everybody feel like that but it is feel so good when great games are released… these games you will remember for the rest of your life.
So far I am in total agreement with both of you. It was a slow burn for me the first few hours but now that into it I am surprisingly blown away again. The freedom, the story, the landscapes, the exploration, the creativity, the secrets ... and how it all ties together. It's all off the charts in a way that is hard to put into words IMO. An absolute masterpiece of design and execution.

It's more than "I love this game." It's like you said @ethomaz It's a game that will stand out in your memory for the rest of your life IMO.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Spiderman will sell more. Bookmark this
3 day? Lol, impossible. Lifetime? Also probably not going to happen, assuming Switch 2 has backwards compat, but both games will sell for another 6 years or so, so no way to tell.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
release this game without the zelda branding and people would be able to clearly say that it's an average game, but congrats to Nintendo. They can make games that clearly cost pennies to develop and sell them for AAA prices.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
3 day? Lol, impossible. Lifetime? Also probably not going to happen, assuming Switch 2 has backwards compat, but both games will sell for another 6 years or so, so no way to tell.
Well see.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
release this game without the zelda branding and people would be able to clearly say that it's an average game, but congrats to Nintendo. They can make games that clearly cost pennies to develop and sell them for AAA prices.
At the beginning I read it "cost penis"

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Well deserved, absolute banger, 10/10, the biggest flaw of the game is being limited by the Switch.

Would be an 11/10 if running on hardware similar to the PS5 at 4K/60fps with instant loadings.