the money spent on Bungie could've acquired more than 55% of Square Enix

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Sony should of bought them a long time ago. They would bring a crap ton of variety with AA and AAA games.

They were already happy making FF7 and FF16 exclusive to PS5 because that made development easier. Now the new ceo might force AAA games to be on everything.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Square has already and may continue to also reduce its scope and dev bandwidth. It just doesn’t come with as much drama as Bungie historically does. And those reports started following Forpsoken; that wasn’t long ago… and before that … Eidos being sold.

Furthermore. Square is never not going to be a possibility too ya know. Who’s to say SE won’t also cut their own operations further? Now may just not be the time. But after what happened today in the market … now may be the time LOL

26 Nov 2023
If you haven't seen people talking about Square lying about, for example, the financial success of S-E JP vs Eidos titles then you obviously haven't been looking.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to absolve Square. They’ve made and do continue to make a lot of mistakes but they’ve often course corrected numerous times as well and even now are still making changes needed to overcome their shortcoming.

This is the third time Bungie has been with a partner and every time seems worse than the last. They had the biggest chance to grow and create a sustainable business with the Sony purchase, but we’re at a point where they’re literally losing money and had to reduce their workforce by a shit ton. Their biggest game is being put on life support and coupled with stories coming out about the CEO and ex-employees outright publicly calling Pete out, I think it’s disingenuous to say SE’s management is worse than Bungie right now.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to absolve Square. They’ve made and do continue to make a lot of mistakes but they’ve often course corrected numerous times as well and even now are still making changes needed to overcome their shortcoming.

This is the third time Bungie has been with a partner and every time seems worse than the last. They had the biggest chance to grow and create a sustainable business with the Sony purchase, but we’re at a point where they’re literally losing money and had to reduce their workforce by a shit ton. Their biggest game is being put on life support and coupled with stories coming out about the CEO and ex-employees outright publicly calling Pete out, I think it’s disingenuous to say SE’s management is worse than Bungie right now.
You don't speak Japanese and thus won't hear stories about their CEO, not that there would be any, anyways, due to the culture around that stuff in Japan.

And as to the stories? I hear that he has a high salary and thats it, boohoohoo I don't care.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I don't think any of the large Japanese publishers will purchase each other as it's better for Japan the more large companies they have in video games.