The Music Thread - Post what you like

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I was always a Jamiroquai fan but his music has even more meaning for me when driving....

I guess the connection was made years ago when I'd play Need for Speed and a Rally game I had on PC and listen to his album on loop.... musta been 97 or 98.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Been listening to a lot of Dire straits, Clannad and pet shop boys of late. all the good stuff.

Reactions: AniWeeb

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This took me back to 2003. Didn't expect to hear a "new" Linkin Park song (it was a demo) with Chester in it. Amazing.

And just discovered this band that somewhat scratches the early LP itch

Last edited:

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

bebendo-caf%C3%A9-tomando-caf%C3%A9.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

Yeeeees.

This and Ghost of Perdition are probably my favourites. But nothing beats that heavy groovy riff in Funeral Portrait and the nasty evilness of master's apprentices (probably one of the first riffs I learned on guitar).
I'm a bit on the gayer side of Opeth, or as Mikael calls it "poofter songs". Twilight is my Robe is my favourite heavy song, followed by Deliverance and Hessian Peel. However, Burden, Lovelorn Crime and To Bid You Farewell are absolute stonkers, with Spring MCMLXXIV been my favourite 'chill' Opeth song.

That said, a 20 minute descent into Blackrose Immortal is always on the cards.

I don't play guitar, i play bass and while there are some good bass riffs, It's Metallica and Iron Maiden that I spend my time shredding trying to play.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm a bit on the gayer side of Opeth, or as Mikael calls it "poofter songs". Twilight is my Robe is my favourite heavy song, followed by Deliverance and Hessian Peel. However, Burden, Lovelorn Crime and To Bid You Farewell are absolute stonkers, with Spring MCMLXXIV been my favourite 'chill' Opeth song.

That said, a 20 minute descent into Blackrose Immortal is always on the cards.

I don't play guitar, i play bass and while there are some good bass riffs, It's Metallica and Iron Maiden that I spend my time shredding trying to play.

I play mostly bass, but I learned guitar out of necessity. Not a great player of either, but whatever.

As for Opeth, the latest few albums don't do much for me, but I do enjoy most of their older stuff.

• Shake
Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

I play mostly bass, but I learned guitar out of necessity. Not a great player of either, but whatever.

As for Opeth, the latest few albums don't do much for me, but I do enjoy most of their older stuff.
Their first 'new' album was shit, but the latest 2; sorceress and in claudie veninuminim or whatever, have some cool songs on them. Lovelorn crime is like a 1920s bluesy swing band song, very mellow. Spring 1974 is a top tune.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
One of my favourite bands of all time just released a new album.