The next GT7 update could be a big one!

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Update to go along with the PC port most likely. DLSS, PCVR support, Xbox prompts, etc.
Oh god lol. As much as it’s funny it’s totally a possibility which is sad.

Tbh I’d love to see more GT x PS brand collab. Like a custom track using the Horizon ip or a custom track using The Boys branding. Imagine doing a race online & you see A train in the side skirts running face w a blue streak or Homelander flying battling another “hero” & you see red laser coming from the eyes. That be sick I’d pay $5-$10 for a custom track using Sony/PS ip. It could also be another way to monetize outside the base game & give away free customs themed around the ip. GT should add more social features even adding a custom map maker for people to make there own track & publish people then could rate the track w a upvote or downvote & the most like custom track can get into the game as a official track.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They really do keep supporting this game, don't they?

It's great to see what buying a game has in terms of legs, this must be one of the better ones out there.
GT7 should become the best selling GT game in general but the best selling premium GT game at $70. We should hear news about the game surpassing those measurements in 2025 if it doesn’t breaks it before then. GT7 is consistently in the top 10 npd

PS needs to expand the GT franchise w an open world, arcade focus, customization/social focus to compete w NFS & Forza Horizon. Make Poly a 2 team studio have the GT sim team & then a GT arcade open world team. Aswell as continuing the positive feedback in the GT movie a new GT movie & even a GT anime that’s more street racer focus & the history/culture of street racing will be welcoming

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
GT7 should become the best selling GT game in general but the best selling premium GT game at $70. We should hear news about the game surpassing those measurements in 2025 if it doesn’t breaks it before then. GT7 is consistently in the top 10 npd

PS needs to expand the GT franchise w an open world, arcade focus, customization/social focus to compete w NFS & Forza Horizon. Make Poly a 2 team studio have the GT sim team & then a GT arcade open world team. Aswell as continuing the positive feedback in the GT movie a new GT movie & even a GT anime that’s more street racer focus & the history/culture of street racing will be welcoming
This literally the worst possible outcome. GT should remain a Sim IP. No need for a spin off off arcade open world it literally goes against everything the brand is about. The GT brand is prestigious outside of video games as well.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
This literally the worst possible outcome. GT should remain a Sim IP. No need for a spin off off arcade open world it literally goes against everything the brand is about. The GT brand is prestigious outside of video games as well.
Amen to that. Arcade games suck hard nowadays. Yes that includes for a horizon series as well

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

NO!

Reactions: Johnic

Hatefield

I am the law
Staff member
18 Jun 2024

Aside from the stupid part to compete with NFS and Forza, i want everything else to happen.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Well I like the horizon series and I miss arcade racers but GT ist the brand for it. They need to bring in bikes though
Sooner or later Forza Horizon will end up PS, I see no reason for Sony to have a solution themselves.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sooner or later Forza Horizon will end up PS, I see no reason for Sony to have a solution themselves.
Why would they not want to have their own arcade racer 🙆🏽? We ain't even getting another Forza Horizon for years to come by the time Horizon 5 arrives it would be a very old game

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why would they not want to have their own arcade racer 🙆🏽? We ain't even getting another Forza Horizon for years to come by the time Horizon 5 arrives it would be a very old game
I mean... who would make it? Polyphony is likely busy on GT8+ GT7 Updates.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I mean... who would make it? Polyphony is likely busy on GT8+ GT7 Updates.
I dunno? I didn't say anything about Sony making an arcade racer lol. But I wouldn't be against them making one again, which is what you're against. I don't think they should ever be dependent on Microsoft for specific content. They can contract independent studios

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Kaz already refused that to happen and looked at Evolution's pitch back in the day with a side-eye (and rightfully so in hindsight with how Driveclub turned out). He won't water down the GT brand and personally think he sees another racer from PS as competition

Sony could use a arcade racer in the line-up and collab with Polyphony to import car models/features, open world made in Decima engine, Tokyo drift style, make use of Sony Music for the soundtrack/radio. Sounds easier than done, a man can dream..

That said, hopefully new track(s), I will commend the support GT7 has gotten, probably in the rotation until 8 comes out.

Reactions: Danja1187

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
A spin off would be great, no need to change the mainline games. Use the assets etc