The PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for April Announced, Kena, Doom Eternal, Slay The Spire Etc

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Kena is awesome.

I clicked on the link and Bethesda gave away all their games this month. Sony got them all without buying them lol. Who needs Game Pass.

I was just downloading Ghostwire Tokyo with the free update on PS+ Extra. I can't keep up with all these games.

Nintendo Eating GIF

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
"As part of our normal content refresh, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Resident Evil, and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 will be among some of the titles leaving the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog in May. Members with Game Catalog benefits can still play by May 15. You can always check the ‘Last chance to play section’ on the PlayStation Plus -> Collections page on the PS5 console, or PlayStation Plus -> Games -> Games Catalogue on the PS4 console for titles you might want to play before they leave the service."

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
"As part of our normal content refresh, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Resident Evil, and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 will be among some of the titles leaving the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog in May. Members with Game Catalog benefits can still play by May 15. You can always check the ‘Last chance to play section’ on the PlayStation Plus -> Collections page on the PS5 console, or PlayStation Plus -> Games -> Games Catalogue on the PS4 console for titles you might want to play before they leave the service."
Good! Spider-Man will sell many copies with the upcoming movie.

They should also delete Horizon Forbidden West before the expansion comes out. I would delete it ASAP today.

Reactions: VillaiN

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Good! Spider-Man will sell many copies with the upcoming movie.

They should also delete Horizon Forbidden West before the expansion comes out. I would delete it ASAP today.
The explanation is that they'll probably include the Remaster on PS+ soon, they removed the PS4 game.

• brain

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I highly recommend Kena. Great game in my opinion.

True and I know you get a hard time around here but I want to say that you are a true gamer and I hope people remember that and don't get too carried away just because you have a different preference of console or a different opinion.

I more often agree with you when it comes to when we discuss things in the 'what we've been playing' thread.

Had a great time with Kena...just a few difficulty spikes that were a bit weird.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The explanation is that they'll probably include the Remaster on PS+ soon, they removed the PS4 game.
The PS5 remaster is already there.

Miles Morales too.

Edit : My mistake, the GOTY edition is there and Miles Morales, and the remaster is available to purchase through Miles Morales.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The PS5 remaster is already there.

Miles Morales too.

Edit : My mistake, the GOTY edition is there, and the remaster is available to purchase through that
Sony store is so bad on PC that I can't even find out the Spider-man Remastered page to confirm.

Stuff like this is beyond me, how is it possible to have such an awful store in 2023? The guy responsible for this trash was even promoted to PlayStation CEO at some point lmao.The store on the console is just as bad, people asking for gifts and other features while I would just like a decent search function with relevant results.

• sad

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Do you guys think it’s a coincidence that all these Bethesda games get announced the same day that the bad redfall news comes out? Is it Bethesda going around Microsoft and approving this because they as Bethesda want to stay in the good graces with Sonys fan base? Were these deals signed years ago before the buyout? Does sony know behind the scenes MS actually is going third party they just don’t want them owning abk specially?

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Do you guys think it’s a coincidence that all these Bethesda games get announced the same day that the bad redfall news comes out? Is it Bethesda going around Microsoft and approving this because they as Bethesda want to stay in the good graces with Sonys fan base? Were these deals signed years ago before the buyout? Does sony know behind the scenes MS actually is going third party they just don’t want them owning abk specially?
Well, Bethesda essentially is MS. So MS is likely being paid for this.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I honestly think that this was agreed to years ago. Remember that rumor that Sony was going around behind the scenes throwing money at everyone when the Bethesda acquisition was announced? I bet this happened then, before the deal closed. Jim saw the writing on the wall and they were planning content drops for PS+ well into the future.

• thinking_hard
P

peter42O

True and I know you get a hard time around here but I want to say that you are a true gamer and I hope people remember that and don't get too carried away just because you have a different preference of console or a different opinion.

I more often agree with you when it comes to when we discuss things in the 'what we've been playing' thread.

Had a great time with Kena...just a few difficulty spikes that were a bit weird.

Haha, true. :)

I agree with the difficulty spikes with Kena. My biggest issue was actually with the end and final boss fight. That shit was insane to where I had to lower the difficulty level. Still great game though.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I honestly think that this was agreed to years ago. Remember that rumor that Sony was going around behind the scenes throwing money at everyone when the Bethesda acquisition was announced? I bet this happened then, before the deal closed. Jim saw the writing on the wall and they were planning content drops for PS+ well into the future.
A lot of these games were already on PS Now before. I guess they just renewed the contract for that and made a new one for more recent stuff like Doom Eternal.

Reactions: Bryank75

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
I wonder why Dino Crisis wasn't added and Resident Evil: Director's Cut is only available to purchase in some regions. It seems like there was a deal with Capcom that fell through or something.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Another awesome month. Btw, Microsoft keeps adding games to PS Plus.

I wonder why Dino Crisis wasn't added and Resident Evil: Director's Cut is only available to purchase in some regions. It seems like there was a deal with Capcom that fell through or something.

Probably due to bugs.

Remember that rumor that Sony was going around behind the scenes throwing money at everyone when the Bethesda acquisition was announced?
It isn't a rumor, Sony always has been the console maker who signed more 3rd party exclusives and marketing deals with 3rd parties. Pretty much every single major publisher and key indie has been there. Same goes with signing their games for PS Plus.

Yes, it's a coincidence because MS already added many MS games to PS Plus before. They also released many games and DLCs on PS. I think there's no secret plan: MS simply wants to make money from PS players and this money they make on PS (or Switch) is part of why they bought these teams.

"As part of our normal content refresh, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Resident Evil
This sucks. I'd keep there both forever.

Last edited: