The PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for April Announced, Kena, Doom Eternal, Slay The Spire Etc

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony store is so bad on PC that I can't even find out the Spider-man Remastered page to confirm.

Stuff like this is beyond me, how is it possible to have such an awful store in 2023? The guy responsible for this trash was even promoted to PlayStation CEO at some point lmao.The store on the console is just as bad, people asking for gifts and other features while I would just like a decent search function with relevant results.
My bad, Spiderman Remastered is not listed in the store as an item to buy, and that's by design. I have my theory for the reason behind that. Currently, you can only purchase it through Miles Morales (it's a in-game option for 19.99$US)

• Informative
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I wonder why Dino Crisis wasn't added and Resident Evil: Director's Cut is only available to purchase in some regions. It seems like there was a deal with Capcom that fell through or something.

I think there will be a lot of upgrades if they have those and more titles like that to come that really hit on the nostalgia...

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
My bad, Spiderman Remastered is not listed in the store as an item to buy, and that's by design. I have my theory for the reason behind that. Currently, you can only purchase it through Miles Morales (it's a in-game option for 19.99$US)
That's pretty weird that it isn't listed as it's own game.
I wonder why Dino Crisis wasn't added and Resident Evil: Director's Cut is only available to purchase in some regions. It seems like there was a deal with Capcom that fell through or something.

If Sony learned from Gamepass they know that you get extra visibility every time you remove a game just to include it again later.

D

Deleted member 223

PS Now PS3 Classics are still missing from the PS Premium transition. Why the fuck did they take away Puppeteer?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I bought Kena not too long ago, definitely an underrated game. I might as well try the old doom games as well

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Another awesome month. Btw, Microsoft keeps adding games to PS Plus.

Microsoft doesn't add anything to PS Plus, Sony pays for it. They could have payed for it now (Doubt) or before the acquisition (more likely) based on release timelines and milestones.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft doesn't add anything to PS Plus, Sony pays for it. They could have payed for it now (Doubt) or before the acquisition (more likely) based on release timelines and milestones.
You're wrong, Sony can't force a publisher to put games on PS Plus or to sell them on their console. It's the publisher who decides where do they put their games they publish. And once done, later the platform holder the publisher a portion of the money made there.

In some cases, when there's an exclusivity or marketing deal then the platform holders pays them for signing that deal. And part of that deal, at least in the case of RE Village, gives Sony timed exclusivity for game subs in case Sony is interested to put them on their game sub.

Some of these games already were in PS Plus, and were removed once their contract ended and wasn't renewed (because either the platform holder or the publisher didn't want to renew it). But now they both decided to put it back. So the first time they were there maybe was because of was linked to their marketing deal, but now it's because MS wanted to do so (and Sony agreed).

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
You're wrong, Sony can't force a publisher to put games on PS Plus or to sell them on their console. It's the publisher who decides where do they put their games they publish. And once done, later the platform holder the publisher a portion of the money made there.

Holy shit, where did I say this?

Sony are the ones in control of Plus, and they pay to have games there. Microsoft doesn't decide to have games on plus, period. And that's all I said.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Holy shit, where did I say this?
In the quoted post.
Sony are the ones in control of Plus, and they pay to have games there.
Yes.
Microsoft doesn't decide to have games on plus, period.
Wrong. MS is the publisher of the MS games, not Sony. MS decides in which platfloms their games are published. Sony can't decide publish Forza Horizon 5, Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring tomorrow on PS Plus if their publishers don't want to.

The publishers (in this case MS) apply to publish on a platform, and if they fit the conditions/rules/certification checklist of the platform, the platform holder (Sony in this case) greenlights them to publish it there. In the case of the game subs not all the submitted ones are included because there are a limited amount of games added every month, so the platform holder filters them, rejects some and the approves other ones, who get a slot to be included certain month.

Once the game is published, the publisher gets paid 70% of the amount paid for digital copies or DLC, and in case of game subs there are different models to choose from depending on the case.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
In the quoted post.

Yes.

Wrong. MS is the publisher of the MS games, not Sony. MS decides in which platfloms their games are published. Sony can't decide publish Forza Horizon 5, Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring tomorrow on PS Plus if their publishers don't want to.

The publishers (in this case MS) apply to publish on a platform, and if they fit the conditions/rules/certification checklist of the platform, the platform holder (Sony in this case) greenlights them to publish it there. In the case of the game subs not all the submitted ones are included because there are a limited amount of games added every month, so the platform holder filters them, rejects some and the approves other ones, who get a slot to be included certain month.

Once the game is published, the publisher gets paid 70% of the amount paid for digital copies or DLC, and in case of game subs there are different models to choose from depending on the case.
Isn't it still Bethesda in charge of there already released games on ps

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The inconvenient truth is that PS+ Extra has a much better catalog of games than Gamepass specially when you consider you also get PS+ Essentials games.

Sony now has a cheaper service with better games despite everything and the focus on day one games is pretty much all MS has going on for them.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

Damn, are you being thick on purpose? Microsoft can't unilaterally decide to put games on Plus. That's the crux of the issue. You implied they did, which is a LIE. They need Sony to put the games there, and more than likely Sony will have to pay for that (that's up to Microsoft to decide).

This is very likely a LEGACY agreement they had with Bethesda PRIOR to the acquisition based on certain milestones / timelines. Nothing more. You tried to use it as a good guy MS argument.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Damn, are you being thick on purpose? Microsoft can't unilaterally decide to put games on Plus. That's the crux of the issue. You implied they did, which is a LIE. They need Sony to put the games there, and more than likely Sony will have to pay for that (that's up to Microsoft to decide).
Of course the publisher (in this case MS/Bethesda) decides unilaterally to which platforms do they submit their own games to be published. And then the platform holder of that platform (in this case Sony) approves it or not. A plaform holder (in this case Sony) can't decide uniterally to publish a game from another publisher (in this case MS).

And yes, the platform holder pays to the publisher a percentage of what the publisher does on their platform, or in some cases for game subs a compensation for the estimated lost sales for including it there, or a certain money per hour played on their game sub. To get paid is the reason of why game companies pubilsh games, since they are companies and not charities.

This is very likely a LEGACY agreement they had with Bethesda PRIOR to the acquisition based on certain milestones / timelines. Nothing more. You tried to use it as a good guy MS argument.
Is that also part of a legacy agreement according to you? Some of these Bethesda games (maybe all, can't remember) already were in PS Plus during some time and after that they were removed from there. That would be the legacy agreement for these games, which were released in years like 2014, 2015, 2017 or 2020.

But now, time later after they were removed from PS Plus, MS decided to put them back to PS Plus. A month after they putted Minecraft Dungeons in PS Plus, a Microsoft game released on PS in 2020, 6 years after they acquired the IP.

MS decided to put more games than the ones they already have on PS Plus recently, pretty likely to use it as weapon to get the ABK acquisition approved by regulators. This is something MS wants and Sony doesn't.

Isn't it still Bethesda in charge of there already released games on ps
MS owns Bethesda now, they are a fully owned (so controlled) subsidiary that reports to Phil Spencer, even if their games keep being pubilshed under the Zenimax/Bethesda publishing label. As such, they won't do anything against their owner/CEO's will. Same goes with Mojang or Bungie.

Yes, both Bethesda and other MS teams previously released several games on PS and PS Plus. As an example, MS added Minecraft Dungeons to PS Plus last month.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
True and I know you get a hard time around here but I want to say that you are a true gamer and I hope people remember that and don't get too carried away just because you have a different preference of console or a different opinion.

I more often agree with you when it comes to when we discuss things in the 'what we've been playing' thread.

Had a great time with Kena...just a few difficulty spikes that were a bit weird.
Kena is weird for me. The little I've seen the gameplay doesn't seem like my thing, but I've always kept that intrigue in the world, and stayed free of any spoilers. Not knowing any game spoilers, it seems like the kind of world I'd watch a animated series in?