The PlayStation Portal remote player launches starting November 15 With pre-order link

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
had access to whatever is on your PS5 not the same as PS+

Which in turn is connected to your plus account.

Its a remote play device you can literally log on and download whatever you want straight to your console from the device

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Which in turn is connected to your plus account.

Its a remote play device you can literally log on and download whatever you want straight to your console from the device
What about the ps3 games you have to stream? I don't think it allows you to play those

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
What about the ps3 games you have to stream? I don't think it allows you to play those

Yeah, but im not even gonna bother to pretend to care about that. Most people have totally written off the ps3 catalogue on playstation until now for some reason because its streaming only

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Thats your first problem. It has never been described as a cloud play device

And that's precisely the problem. Its a device that could have been super useful since it's pretty much a cloud play device, but Sony, in their infinite wisdom, made it a streaming device for your PS5.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
And that's precisely the problem. Its a device that could have been super useful since it's pretty much a cloud play device, but Sony, in their infinite wisdom, made it a streaming device for your PS5.
Which you can still play away from home using wifi. I agree though would have been dope of you didn't even need a ps5 to use it. It baffles me they limited it to remote play and didnt add streaming without ps5 capability.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Which you can still play away from home using wifi. I agree though would have been dope of you didn't even need a ps5 to use it. It baffles me they limited it to remote play and didnt add streaming without ps5 capability.
Why does everyone act like the capabilities are set in stone?

All it would take for streaming from the cloud instead of your own PS5 is a firmware update.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

I can do that with a tablet. Sure, it doesn't have dualsense, but I can also plug my dualsense into a tablet and it would do the same. For those that have such a device, this is completely useless (for now).

Why does everyone act like the capabilities are set in stone?
I, for one, can only judge based on what it can do today. And as of today, for me, this is a completely useless device that wastes its potential as a cloud device that could serve as an argument to upgrade to PSplus Premium.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can do that with a tablet. Sure, it doesn't have dualsense, but I can also plug my dualsense into a tablet and it would do the same. For those that have such a device, this is completely useless (for now).

I, for one, can only judge based on what it can do today. And as of today, for me, this is a completely useless device that wastes its potential as a cloud device that could serve as an argument to upgrade to PSplus Premium.
I do that twice a week with my laptop but guess what? I'm still buying one. The point for me isn't whether I can do it or not elsewhere bcus I can just get a Backbone and call it a day, it's the best way and place to do it and Im sure it'll be via this accessory.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Assuming it will never change is just being blind.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I do that twice a week with my laptop but guess what? I'm still buying one. The point for me isn't whether I can do it or not elsewhere bcus I can just get a Backbone and call it a day, it's the best way and place to do it and Im sure it'll be via this accessory.
Thats fair, you do you. My opinion, which is work fuck all, is that this is not worth the price.

Assuming it will never change is just being blind.
Where did I say it won't change? I said I can only judge based on what it offers today.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

at the end of the day these are PS5 accessories, people need to stop thinking bout it as a competitor to switch or steamdeck. Sony aren’t trying to direct you away from their consoles they want people playing more ps5 away from their tv

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Honestly wanted this, but they are not even releasing it in Australia, it's like Sony hates Australia

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
at the end of the day these are PS5 accessories, people need to stop thinking bout it as a competitor to switch or steamdeck. Sony aren’t trying to direct you away from their consoles they want people playing more ps5 away from their tv
Actually, good thinking. I can get a ste deck, get windows there and remote play, and play PS5 games there. Didnt even think of that possibility!

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Ordered it as soon as it went up for pre order yesterday in the UK.

Might cancel my ps direct order if a certain reatailer does end up stocking it, as i got some vouchers from work for them.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I just notice there is no Japan, so I assume because there is no PS Direct here. So no retailers planned.